What's new

Looking for a nice handle for a M3

Hi guys,
I often take overnight trips and pack an M3 when I don't want to check my luggage. I am looking for a nice handle for it. I saw an EJ handle that was part of a set on C&E that I quite liked but have been unable to to find it or a decent facsimile by itself. I'd be interested in any suggestions, I realize this is borderline sacriliege but you'll have to forgive me.
Thanks,
Jeff

I have an M3 with a very classic looking Plisson handle in faux ivory. Good razor for a short trip when packing a DE and blades is too much trouble (or problematic due to airport security)

Aren't those classy M3 more expensive than let's say just keeping a "ready-to-go" Merkur DE shaving set (Merkur HD, simple brush, a tube of Proraso or Trumpers and 5 fresh DE blades)?

Just wondering, that's all. If on the other hand you want to be able to quickly shave on your trips, then I can imagine you want to go for an M3, but even then: you can get rather good quick shaves with classical DE wetshaving as well.

I think it's more about not wanting to check your luggage on flights. I prefer to use a Merkur handled Trac 2 razor. I object to paying in excess of £0.20 for a blade! Actually, this handle comes with adapters which allow it to take a few different cartridges.

proxy.php

Prior to gettin this handle I used to use Bic Metals.

jmhAZ said:
Hi guys,
I often take overnight trips and pack an M3 when I don't want to check my luggage. I am looking for a nice handle for it. I saw an EJ handle that was part of a set on C&E that I quite liked but have been unable to to find it or a decent facsimile by itself. I'd be interested in any suggestions, I realize this is borderline sacriliege but you'll have to forgive me.
Thanks,
Jeff
Check out the Caswell-Massey website. They offer for sale a "fat" M3 handle in faux ebony and faux ivory for about $75.00. Also check out the English Shaving Company website. This site is operated by Edwin Jagger, which is the OEM of the Crabtree & Evelyn razor handles you seem to like. In particular, I think you'll like their "Georgian" range of razor handles. These have thick handles and are available in several colors.

nelson

Thanke to all, I think I have settled on one of the EJ models from the English Shaving Co. Either the Chatsworth or Georgian. Decisions, decisions.
Thanks again,
Jeff

The merkur razor with the adaptors is the best value for the quality. I used this razor when I thought the double edge wouldn't work for me. It actualy helped me shave better with my HD. There sensor cartidges with 3 blades even but Merkur makes excelent one that can slide on or be used with an adaptor to pivot. At $35 also makes it very much of bargin.

Top Bottom