What's new

Looking for a New Journal

One of the assignments for nursing school is that i have to keep a journal of reflections on each of my clinical days. I'm looking for a new journal to use, and i'm not sure what kind to get. I love the Tomoe river paper that i got, and loved the aesthetics of the WCS B&B Journal that used to exist. Any recommendations? love the old leather look also, but ill probably survive without that.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
If you're looking for leather, Midori notebooks are quite popular. If you really want something that'll last and that's meaningful, then find a notebook (more specifically, paper) that you love and have a custom leather cover made to fit the notebook in. As far as notebook paper goes, I love Apica.

I use a 3 ring binder and Journal pages that I printed on a laser printer. I don't write well in smaller journals and the whole thing was free. I can also take out the pages and store them elsewhere. The note book fits well in the backpack where I carry my Mac.

I really like my Leuchtturm 1917, gridded. but I write small with EFs. good paper, A5 sized (same as the B&B). they have a smaller page count soft covers, and larger hard covers. I've used both. I'm not really hung up on having a leather cover, and can live without it. I'd assume refills would have to be a soft cover to get them into a leather cover.

there are other similar options with the same or better paper, at about the same price points.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
The Leuchtturm 1917 is a very good journal. Friendly with most fountain pen inks. Popov Leather, I think they're still one of our Vendors, makes an excellent leather cover that's perfect for it, but it's a bit on the expensive side.

I generally use A5 sized notebooks for my journal, but put them inside the B&B leather cover that was sold a few years back. That is no longer available, but the point is that a nice cover, made of leather or even fabric, can add to the appeal of any notebook. Others might advise on the best covers currently available (Midori is a different size, and I have no experience with it). Franklin Christoph has some nice looking fabric ones, but they're a bit pricey, and leather is likely to be pricier.

As for the actual notebooks, right now I'm using a Nanami Paper standard A5 notebook, with blank pages of Tomoe River, 240 sheets. They have trouble keeping these in stock, but do have some with lined paper right now.

Other brands I've used that fit my cover are Apica, and Life Noble. I get blank paper for any new journals now, but these also come with lines or graph paper if that's what you prefer.

And there is also the Rhodia Webnotebook, which might not fit in any cover, but has a pretty nice binding of its own. And good paper, of course.

I ended up going with the Leuchtturm 1917 this time, i might get a leather cover at a later date...for now it's just simple notebook. Thanks everyone! i'll probably pick up the nanami notebook next time that they have stock and i have money lol

If you're looking for leather, Midori notebooks are quite popular. If you really want something that'll last and that's meaningful, then find a notebook (more specifically, paper) that you love and have a custom leather cover made to fit the notebook in. As far as notebook paper goes, I love Apica.
I purchased a Roterfaden Taschenbegleiter, fantastic!!! Baum-Kuchen.net, Wakako is great !!!

Top Bottom