What's new

Looking for a new gun safe

52F83E43-35CE-46E3-B2C0-8D88EBE74365.jpeg
5C4C1D32-1704-42B4-9BA5-8348B3C51318.jpeg
E23AA7FD-B303-4F89-B576-6C9CAB5DB071.jpeg
EEBCEACD-C8BB-4B68-9CDB-92789D46784A.jpeg

@OkieStubble
Yep. Paw marks on the side, claws on side and top. And this material is HARD!! Like Glock polymer.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Yep. Paw marks on the side, claws on side and top. And this material is HARD!! Like Glock polymer.

The last thing I need is to unknowingly, take out my trash and run into a ticked off bear on my porch, because he couldn't get into my can. :)

Bear: I can't eat your trash? I'll just eat you!

It's getting a little warm in here...:001_tt1:

But yeah, my safe is hidden in a good place - fits in tight and bolted to the floor - they would not be able to use even an angle grinder anywhere but the door. They'd pretty much have to cut around the whole door in most of these safes because the position of the bolts varies so much safe to safe - unless they researched the exact model - and then you pretty much can limit the burglary suspects to people that know you pretty intimately.

A pro would just drill the safe to get a look at the tumblers. Mine has been "improved" by the addition of some tungsten carbide right in front of the spot they'd have to drill. Good luck getting through that.

OkieStubble

It's getting a little warm in here...:001_tt1:

But yeah, my safe is hidden in a good place - fits in tight and bolted to the floor - they would not be able to use even an angle grinder anywhere but the door. They'd pretty much have to cut around the whole door in most of these safes because the position of the bolts varies so much safe to safe - unless they researched the exact model - and then you pretty much can limit the burglary suspects to people that know you pretty intimately.

Lol'd. :) And precisely.

A pro would just drill the safe to get a look at the tumblers. Mine has been "improved" by the addition of some tungsten carbide right in front of the spot they'd have to drill. Good luck getting through that.

A pro wouldn't waste their time on average Joe's residential gun safe and his average guns, unless he had "inside info on what was there". Which again, takes us back to your first post. :)

I want to say THANK YOU to all of you that have posted.Very very good information. I'm taking it all in before I buy.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
@honeycutt I've not seen burglars, regular ones anyway, that carry a grinder with them. It's usually crowbars, screw drivers, bolt cutters, etc. that they can carry easy and don't need a power source. Like has been said, they don't want to make a bunch of noise or spend a lot of time inside someplace.

Although I did see a safe stolen from a business. They backed a stolen pickup truck through the plate glass, tied a chain around the dorm fridge sized safe, then drug it off with the truck. I followed the drag marks down the road to where they had taken it to a field and cut through the bottom with an ax. They left the ax in the field. They were gone from the business by the time the alarm went off, the alarm company got the notification, and we were notified plus the time it took us to get there. They were caught a few days later but the money was gone.

I'm happy with the Liberty safe I have.

Simon1 if you were to steal one that's the way to do it. A small safe like that will keep honest and semi honest people out, a determined thief will either get it or seriously damage it. A small money document safe would be easier to get away with than a large gun safe filled with guns, ect. Mine at 1800 lbs empty, and probably 48 long guns plus a couple of dozen hand guns is going to weigh a lot more and besides the bulk the weight makes it more difficult to move. We live in a semi rural area, large acre plus lots, out of town and never had any problems until a couple of years ago. My cars were burglarized and a handgun stolen. Yes they were unlocked, lived here nearly 40 years and nobody bothered anything. I found it was not the first time, then a week or so later later a house less than half a mile away lit up with police vehicles, same thing although no one was caught. When I found mine it was later in the morning, and I called it in and told sheriffs dept what had happened, the deputy in the area was at another call and I was told it would be at least 30 min before he could arrive, which I said was ok, since everything was basically over. He arrived and told me it was getting more common, I had a record with serial and model numbers and he said most folks did not have that. Everything stays locked now. He also reinforced my belief that home and property defense were basically my responsibility as in this physically large spread out county, their response could not be counted on in a rapid manner, so I keep several loaded firearms handy

F27B7754-C989-4618-93F4-A8CBB450B11B.jpeg

A true professional will find a way to get into any safe on the planet.
Clint Eastwood showed us the way.
On another note.....ADT is worth every cent.

When he did that, then a real "pro" would have to do some more work to push lugs back. Mess with the lock and an automatic relocking mechanism should lock it up good, requiring a real pro with a lot of time to get in.

Relocking device - Wikipedia
Safe Relockers | Safe Locking Devices | Liberty Safe

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I'm married. ;)
Lol. I meant like the brotherly love in Philadelphia, ha, but I figure you knew that.

I've lived in this house for all of my 56 years, and this neighborhood has been break in free all that time, except for a few times where the perps were "friends of friends".

I remember back in the day when our "safes" were display cabinets we made in shop class, and our dad's would show them off to all the other dad's in the neighborhood..... excuse me while I get misty eyed, and clean my .357....

OkieStubble

Lol. I meant like the brotherly love in Philadelphia, ha, but I figure you knew that.

I've lived in this house for all of my 56 years, and this neighborhood has been break in free all that time, except for a few times where the perps were "friends of friends".

I remember back in the day when our "safes" were display cabinets we made in shop class, and our dad's would show them off to all the other dad's in the neighborhood..... excuse me while I get misty eyed, and clean my .357....

Lol'd. I hear ya. I cn remember when everyone put their Christmas Tree's in front of their largest window to be viewed from the street. Now, it's an advertisement to robbers, to "come and take our Christmas Presents."

OkieStubble

View attachment 911078
A true professional will find a way to get into any safe on the planet.
Clint Eastwood showed us the way.
On another note.....ADT is worth every cent.

+1 It's been quite a few many years, but I think back when I got my ADT home system, they actually installed everything for free and I just paid $50 a month for the monitoring on a 5 yr contract. While that contract expired 15 years ago, we still just pay that $50 month to month for monitoring service.

OkieStubble

@honeycutt I've not seen burglars, regular ones anyway, that carry a grinder with them. It's usually crowbars, screw drivers, bolt cutters, etc. that they can carry easy and don't need a power source. Like has been said, they don't want to make a bunch of noise or spend a lot of time inside someplace.

Although I did see a safe stolen from a business. They backed a stolen pickup truck through the plate glass, tied a chain around the dorm fridge sized safe, then drug it off with the truck. I followed the drag marks down the road to where they had taken it to a field and cut through the bottom with an ax. They left the ax in the field. They were gone from the business by the time the alarm went off, the alarm company got the notification, and we were notified plus the time it took us to get there. They were caught a few days later but the money was gone.

I'm happy with the Liberty safe I have.

They do that here with ATM's on the regular.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Lol'd. I hear ya. I cn remember when everyone put their Christmas Tree's in front of their largest window to be viewed from the street. Now, it's an advertisement to robbers, to "come and take our Christmas Presents."

Oh yeah. I don't know how many times I've worked a burglary where they broke the window by the Christmas tree or just kicked in the back door and stole all the Christmas presents. The holidays are a busy time for burglars...stealing presents or breaking into cars in shopping mall parking lots. When I was young we left the doors unlocked, but it wasn't a bad neighborhood. Times have changed.

Years ago my ex left my youngest son in the car, with the keys in it, to go in the store for a minute. A guy told my son "Let's go see what your Mom is doing." to get him out of the car. The car was recovered two days later out of gas.

And then there was the time when I was working a shooting and found the shooter....

Enough war stories...I do like my Liberty safe though. That brand is a good bang for the buck. Are their better? Yes, but it depends what you want to pay for. $50,000 should get you a great one.

Top Bottom