What's new

Looking for a new Grease Based Pomade

So I am mainly a water based user, I have Suavecito, Layrite's Uppercut's etc.. I also have a few grease/oil based ones. But my go to grease based pomade is one made locally, North Standard Pomade.
http://northstandard.com/products/north-standard-pomade

I really like this one, as it is not as heavy as Murrays or Dax Wave and Groom. It is lighter but with great hold and shine, and it actually washes out pretty easy. So I was hoping some one could direct me towards some light oil/grease based pomades that are similar to the one above.

Because I know Marco will pop in here, I have hair that is neither thick nor thin, I have a skin fade and usually wear my hair in either a executive contour, slicked not to the back but more towards my right shoulder or combed over.

Thanks gents.

Last edited:
well the only light pomades i have used are lockharts light and pomps not dead slick of it all. but since your go to is a medium hold according to its description here are my favorite mediums.

lockharts medium, pomps not dead og, grandad's medium, straight edge eddy's pomade and bukowski original pomade medium are some solid mediums.

my hair is similar to yours where its not really thick nor is it thin and all the ones i mentioned work with my hair. i hope this helped.

My personal favorite. It is a bit heavier than the average medium hold and for a petroleum based product it washes out fairly well. Also, it smells like candy apple.
$reuzel-green-grease-medium-hold.jpg

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Sir, I have no experience with the North Standard Pomade you mention, but if you want a great hold with good shine without being Heavy in consistency I have one name in mind: Lockhart's Goon Grease. From what I've read Sweet Georgia Brown Blue should be somehow similar in performance and texture, but I'll be able to confirm only once it will be in my hands (currently shipping). Otherwise, you could consider a good Medium Hold. Some names that come to my mind are Reuzel Green, Murray's Nu Nile or Dapper Dan.

Top Bottom