What's new

Looking for a minty shaving soap

ProRaso in the Green tub is also nice. Has a very refreshing minty/methol smell, but not overpowering. I do like to finish with some Osage Rub afterwards, though. That'll get you where you're going.

Mystic Water ~ Prospect Creek has a great spearmint scent, slight cooling effect and excellent skin moisturizing properties.

It's not intense at all like some of the menthol lab experiments out there, but Mike's Peppermint/Rosemary is a refined, clean, refreshing take on the genre and very modestly priced. Ace performer, too.

Stroppe shoppe peppermint cream with tallow. Smells like candycane and is a top top top performer, great cooling feeling too.

Just an idea which I haven't tried, but wonder how it would turn out if you got an unscented shaving cream tub (probably harder to do with a soap), and added a bit of mint essential oil? I've now interested myself in this, so I may have to give it a shot!

Another vote for Mystic Water Prospect Creek. The scent is dead on mint and offers a nice menthol kick.

I've used all of the Stirling mentholated soaps (glacial, cool, black ice, orange chill, margarita in the arctic, etc) and Mike's peppermint and rosemary. They're all great, glacial is the coldest by a fair margin.

I also notice Vostok mentioned a lot when mentholated soaps come up.

Just an idea which I haven't tried, but wonder how it would turn out if you got an unscented shaving cream tub (probably harder to do with a soap), and added a bit of mint essential oil? I've now interested myself in this, so I may have to give it a shot!

That is definitely an option, and if you're feeling really hardcore, you can order your own menthol crystals and make a face-freezing version.

Top Bottom