What's new

Looking for a minty shaving soap

+1 on the Proraso Menthol and Eucalyptus (Green Tub). This is my daily shave soap right now and I love it. Lathers up nice and has a great manly aroma that isn't overpowering. I also recommend the Proraso Menthol and Eucalyptus pre-shave cream. It feels great and smells great too.

Just an idea which I haven't tried, but wonder how it would turn out if you got an unscented shaving cream tub (probably harder to do with a soap), and added a bit of mint essential oil? I've now interested myself in this, so I may have to give it a shot!

The wrapper on vintage Williams soap used to recommend adding Aqua Velva to the soap before lathering.

That is definitely an option, and if you're feeling really hardcore, you can order your own menthol crystals and make a face-freezing version.

My wife used to do movie make-up and special effects, those crystals are used to make the actors cry, it brings a tear to your eyes very fast (I can vouch as a guinea pig)..

Thanks for all the suggestions, I will weigh my options :bored:.

Last edited:
If you are looking for a mildly scented soft soap, Razorock Fresco is described as a watermint scent. It performs well above its price. I would describe it as a generic minty toothpaste scent. I use it year round. I add menthol crystals dissolved in oil in the summer as a change. It is a very good performer for me and very inexpensive.

The following menthol soaps are nicely scented and will give your face a nice chill:

To totally freeze your face Stirling Glacial is a really nice wintergreen scent.
QCS Vostok is not quite as cold as Glacial but will definitely still get your attention and has a nice peppermint scent.

For a lesser chill than those above Stirling Cool is peppermint scented and very nice.

For a peppermint scent without the face freezing menthol:
Strop Shoppe SE w/tallow Peppermint is absolutely excellent in performance and scent.

Top Bottom