What's new

Looking for a mild and smooth blade

GSB and ASP's are universally regarded as great blades.
Looks like the razor purchase was either based on no or faulty information regarding aggressive properties. A more usable choice would have been any of the myriad of Gillette Techs available cheap on line, or even a Schick Krona.

Polsilver or Perma Sharp.

The Polsilver blades are triple wrapped. Cardboard outer sleeve holding the box of 10, then a blade paper wrapper which says “Do not wipe. Rinse only” and then the standard wax paper type wrapper. For me, they are smoother and more comfortable than Feather blades but just as efficient. Perma Sharp (St Petersburg manufacture) and Polsilver are two of my favourite blades as they combine this smoothness and sharpness with comfort. Works great for me.
Derby Extra are also very good.

Have a great shave.

FEF8DA04-6541-422F-BF87-DE3DD471579B.jpeg193D2CD7-4369-48A5-82A4-634B1DA98066.jpeg

Feather. Smooth as can be. Never cut myself with one, because they are so sharp. They’re effortless, and as such I nominate them to be smooth and mild.

Crown is a really smooth and comfortable blade for me. Have you considered a sample pack? There are a lot of great places to get a fairly large sample pack of blades to try. It's fun too!

This thread, as well as many others show just how subjective shaving blades are. The blade that one person feels is the 'end all blade', the next person bins after one shave.
IMO someone just starting out would be smart buying a sample pack, or at least buying a few different tucks to try. And then after narrowing them down to a few favorites, make a 100 blade purchase or two, or 3, or, :confused1.
Back when I started there wasn't much to choose from, until the internet came along, and I remember how much fun it was trying the different blades. :w00t:

Top Bottom