What's new

Looking for a mild and smooth blade

I just received a very aggressive razor (Sterling SS with the HA plate) and would like suggestions for a very mild and smooth blade to start off with. Some that come to mind are Astra SP, Rapira P Lux, Rapira SS, Voskhod, Personna IR, and the new Schick SS triple coated all of which I have. Any of these or others that you would suggest from your experience?

I find that Astra SP blades work as well as anything else in an aggressive razor, they are inexpensive and last as well as other blades. Not much point paying more for something that might work just as well, imho.

It's also better to buy cheaper blades and change them sooner in my experience. DE blades are noticeably dull after the 3rd shave for me.

I find Lord Platinum blades to be very smooth and inexpensive. That said the Personna IR that you have is a super smooth blade in my experience.
Lord.jpg

It’s probably going to be the Personna IR or one of the Rapiras.
I think the Rapira Super Stainless meets your criteria but I have not tried the Personna IR. However, the Astra Superior Platinum or Astra Superior Stainless are also worth a try. Technique is very important no matter which blade you use and for aggressive razors a light touch should be at the foremost in your application.

I think the Rapira Super Stainless meets your criteria but I have not tried the Personna IR. However, the Astra Superior Platinum or Astra Superior Stainless are also worth a try. Technique is very important no matter which blade you use and for aggressive razors a light touch should be at the foremost in your application.
Agree. The Rapira SS and the Personna IR were the first 2 that I really liked. I have never particularly likes the Astra SP but do like the Astra SS.

Also agree on technique and light touch. I have also read that on this particular razor a shallow angle is preferable.

Thanks

Top Bottom