What's new

Looking for a method for brewing a single cup of tea

I hate those little tea ball things, they always leak out tons of little bits into the cup.

My method is pretty simple. Use a pyrex measuring cup, put it in the microwave to boil, dump the tea leafs into it and stir a bit, wait a few minutes, then pour it into the cup through a strainer.

Thats why I love my kysu, it has a sesame (clay mesh screen) and it filters out the bits, and I pour all my teas thru a small strainer into my cup.

One of the easiest ways to brew loose tea: a french press. Quick and simple whether you're making one cup or six. Easy to clean (dishwasher safe, easy to clean by hand too). Works MUCH better than tea balls or the like. And they're relatively affordable ~$12-15.

Of the few my wife and I have had, this is one one I like most due to it's slightly thicker, more durable glass, and pop-off insulating rubber base (vs a plastic frame).

BONJOUR UNBREAKABLE HUGO 3-CUP BLACK FRENCH PRESS

View attachment 71512

Featuring a virtually unbreakable polycarbonate carafe that incorporates the best of BonJour design and innovation. Includes pour filter to reduce loose grinds in your cup.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
No, the worst method would've been if he'd said, "And then I use a teabag-squeezer to wring the bitter dregs out of the bag".

Gah! Teabag-squeezers . . . of all the useless implements, that has to be one of the worst!

Oops- I am a tea bag squeezer. I never thought about it that way.

Top Bottom