What's new

Looking for a "Green" scent soap

Nobody mentioned Proraso Green yet? I assume you have this already?

Thanks for your feedback. As mentioned in the OP, I tried it as C.O. Bigelow - which is repackaged Green Proraso. Loved it but for the menthol.

I've seen a lot of really good suggestions here but no one has mentioned Mousee Illuminee from Zingari Man.

It's a beautiful "green" fougere. I dare anyone with even a small bit of love for "green" scents to try it and tell me they don't live it. It is absolutely worth ever penny of is cost.

As others have said. I also agree that Stirling has more then a few good green options. So explore those too.

Cheers for that. I did come across Zingari Man's Mousse Illuminee and placed an order for it. Will also try some Stirling soaps.

Can't believe I didn't mention the soap for yesterday's shave, E & S Rasage O’Vert.

From their description:

O’VERT’s green and woody notes will transport you to a meadow where the grass has just been cut and will provide you with freshness and well-being while leaving your skin delicately scented long after its application.

It kind of smells like fresh cut grass which was the sole reason for me to try it. Anyway it's a nice fresh green scent and the soap itself is great. Slick lather and good post-shave skin feel.

As mentioned earlier Stirling Ozark mountains. I haven’t tried it but there’s also Stirling coniferous

AB535889-032E-463C-9EF5-7FD2175F9356.jpeg

I've seen a lot of really good suggestions here but no one has mentioned Mousee Illuminee from Zingari Man.

It's a beautiful "green" fougere. I dare anyone with even a small bit of love for "green" scents to try it and tell me they don't live it. It is absolutely worth ever penny of is cost.

As others have said. I also agree that Stirling has more then a few good green options. So explore those too.

Can only echo what Time Bandit said, phenomenal scent! In my opinion it's an absolute masterpiece, when the frangrance will be in stock in the EU it's an instant buy. Wouldn't call it a crowdpleaser but if you enjoy strong mossy scents, this is on a different level of perfumery.

Thanks for your feedback. As mentioned in the OP, I tried it as C.O. Bigelow - which is repackaged Green Proraso. Loved it but for the menthol.

Cheers for that. I did come across Zingari Man's Mousse Illuminee and placed an order for it. Will also try some Stirling soaps.
Very cool. You're in for a real treat. 😉

Can only echo what Time Bandit said, phenomenal scent! In my opinion it's an absolute masterpiece, when the frangrance will be in stock in the EU it's an instant buy. Wouldn't call it a crowdpleaser but if you enjoy strong mossy scents, this is on a different level of perfumery.

Very cool. You're in for a real treat. 😉

Received it earlier today. Scent is exquisite right off the tub. Looking forward to trying it tomorrow. 👍

Without menthol and not cologne like.

If SV has something in that range, even better since I am looking to buy a first one. Dolomiti was recommended by a member here in another post.
This is just my opinion, but all the SV soaps seem very cologne-like to me. I haven't owned Dolomiti as a shave soap, but I ordered their aftershave sample pack to get an idea of the various scents. The sample pack covered their entire line. I like several of them (and bought Cubebe and Desert Vetiver shave soaps), but ALL of them had cologne-like scents, including Dolomiti.

This is just my opinion, but all the SV soaps seem very cologne-like to me. I haven't owned Dolomiti as a shave soap, but I ordered their aftershave sample pack to get an idea of the various scents. The sample pack covered their entire line. I like several of them (and bought Cubebe and Desert Vetiver shave soaps), but ALL of them had cologne-like scents, including Dolomiti.

Thank you for your feedback. Reading reviews, that is the impression I am getting from SV scents: all, more or less, cologne like. It's the reason I kept postponing buying them (was a click away from purchasing several). I don't mind cologne-like scents as long as it's refined and not clones of the likes of Armani's Aqua di Gio and other mass-marketed scents.

That said, is/are there any scent that more unique in the sense of a blend of scents rather than a typical cologne? I am leaning towards Stella Alpina, Tundra Artica or Felce Aromatica as a first SV.

Martin de Candre Fourgere, previously recommended, is an amazing green Fourgere.

I also enjoyed Murphy & McNeil Green Man, another Fourgere.

Good luck with your search.

Thank you.

Bought MdC samplers from Maggard months ago (all scents). Fougere, Rose and Original were my top 3. Fougere was a straightforward yet refined scent. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to take advantage of the soaps' full potential due - lathering from sampler jars isn't ideal and got rid of them. Will revisit with a full jar.

Top Bottom