What's new

Looking for a "Green" scent soap

There's fern green and then pine/juniper/cedar forest green. They're very different to me. Sometimes people refer to them interchangeably. Either way there are some great ones in this thread.

You're right and I realized my mistake afterwards. I was/am leaning towards the the pine/juniper/cedar/forest type.

I received Zingari Man Mousse Illuminee today and will give it a go tomorrow. It smells excellent (slightly sweet, herbaceous, moss) but the more I smell it, the more it reminds of a sophisticated refresher at a school in my youth. Otherwise and based on recommendations in this thread, I am also considering the following:

Stirling: Coniferous, Scott's Sheep Pine, Ozark, Varen
Goodfellas' Pine Alprestre
MdC Fougere
Mike's Pine & Cedarwodd (when in stock)

Other soap makers I came across in my search (coincidentally all Scandinavian):

Fitjar Islands
Kaliflower
Lauger
Gron Lycka

You're right and I realized my mistake afterwards. I was/am leaning towards the the pine/juniper/cedar/forest type.

I received Zingari Man Mousse Illuminee today and will give it a go tomorrow. It smells excellent (slightly sweet, herbaceous, moss) but the more I smell it, the more it reminds of a sophisticated refresher at a school in my youth. Otherwise and based on recommendations in this thread, I am also considering the following:

Stirling: Coniferous, Scott's Sheep Pine, Ozark, Varen
Goodfellas' Pine Alprestre
MdC Fougere
Mike's Pine & Cedarwodd (when in stock)

Other soap makers I came across in my search (coincidentally all Scandinavian):

Fitjar Islands
Kaliflower
Lauger
Gron Lycka
I'm glad you took my advice and picked up Mousse Illumine. It has a wonderful, unique fragrance that's sure to please.

I'd feel bad if I didn't also recommend you take a look at Juniper Reverie from Gentleman's Nod. It's very high on my wishlist but the friends oh mine with it are saying it very well may be the best scent of 2023.

I have stirling coniferous and haven't used it in years. It smells like the dirt surrounding a pine tree.
B&M Taiga is a dead ringer for a Northern forest. The dry down is very nice. MdC fougere is pretty incredible but it's more Fern scent to me. Highly recommend a sample of Varen- hard to explain that one but it's in the same fern green family as MdC fougere.

I think it's criminal that not one person in this thread has recommended SV's Felce Aromatica.

It's not cologne like at all, but it is a very multi-layered scent. Mostly it smells of green and growing things, and the light smell of damp earth and forest meadows right after a rain shower. It's a masterfully crafted scent, and takes me back to the forests of the Pacific Northwest every time I use it.

I think it's criminal that not one person in this thread has recommended SV's Felce Aromatica.
The OP did mention a green pine/juniper/cedar- which i don't get much of with Felce Aromatica. There is softer plant matter green (the ferns and soft leaves/herbs) and the more pungent/harsh evergreen forest- the pines, junipers, and cedars.

I prefer the softer fern green scents like Felce Aromatica and particularly MdC Fougere- which i believe is an even better fern scent.

Can't believe I didn't mention the soap for yesterday's shave, E & S Rasage O’Vert.

From their description:

O’VERT’s green and woody notes will transport you to a meadow where the grass has just been cut and will provide you with freshness and well-being while leaving your skin delicately scented long after its application.

It kind of smells like fresh cut grass which was the sole reason for me to try it. Anyway it's a nice fresh green scent and the soap itself is great. Slick lather and good post-shave skin feel.
True it has a very green scent, reminded me of the moment you enter a plant / flower shop.

My experience with Green scents puts the following three at the top of my favorites. It also happens that all three are Canadian artisans.
  • MacDuff's Kananaskis Explorer
  • Bartigan & Stark Timberyard
  • Tallow + Steel Boreal
Although I have not smelled the soap, the description of MacDuff's Icefields Parkway seems tailor made for the OP's quest:

Description from MacDuffs:

Notes:
Eucalyptus Dives, Spearmint, Cornmint, Peppermint, Cedarwood, Eucalyptus Globulus

ManSC amountain Man - Pure Evergreen aroma. Amazing. Made in Montana not surprisingly
7B53388D-E01F-4EF9-AA6D-4097869BFBA5.png

Top Bottom