What's new

WTB Looking for a good Beginner Straight Razor and Strop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long time DE shaver here -- been forever since I've been here on B&B. Got the itch to dive into straight razors and knew where to come. I've sent out a few PMs on some older for sale threads, but unsure if any are still available.

Figured I'd post up and see if anyone had a decent beginner kit available. Budget is around $100, though could probably go up to $150 if a killer deal. Already have some whetstones for honing, though might need to pick up a finer grit as currently the finest I have is 6000 (all ya really need for farm work).

Thanks,
Jonathan

I recommend checking out the buy-sell-trade section. Folks may have something that fits your needs posted there.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Long time DE shaver here -- been forever since I've been here on B&B. Got the itch to dive into straight razors and knew where to come. I've sent out a few PMs on some older for sale threads, but unsure if any are still available.

Figured I'd post up and see if anyone had a decent beginner kit available. Budget is around $100, though could probably go up to $150 if a killer deal. Already have some whetstones for honing, though might need to pick up a finer grit as currently the finest I have is 6000 (all ya really need for farm work).

Thanks,
Jonathan
I have a Dovo Inox that is a great razor for a newb (and a great razor in general, for that matter). I could probably hook you up with a strop or point you to where to get one that is within your budget. Your first strop shouldn't be the best strop. There is a good chance you'll slice it up as part of the learning curve. Send me a PM if interested.

20190113_173831-1.jpg

I have a Dovo Inox that is a great razor for a newb (and a great razor in general, for that matter). I could probably hook you up with a strop or point you to where to get one that is within your budget. Your first strop shouldn't be the best strop. There is a good chance you'll slice it up as part of the learning curve. Send me a PM if interested.

View attachment 1032987
Beautiful set.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I've got a few straights listed in an old BST thread, but I have more I'm willing to sell. You are welcome to PM me what your looking for and I'll send you pictures of what I have.

I have a Portland Razor, that I have not yet listed. Would get you through that newb phase and some. Pm me if you are interested.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom