What's new

Looking for a Few Good Men..... The $1 Razor Challenge!

Since the challenge ended, my life seems so empty and meaningless. I only have one Assured blade left. The razor is still in like new condition. I am saving them for the winter when I will really need something to fill the void. :001_smile

Since the challenge ended, my life seems so empty and meaningless. I only have one Assured blade left. The razor is still in like new condition. I am saving them for the winter when I will really need something to fill the void. :001_smile

Save it for 50 yrs down the road, then sell it. NOS!

Scratch that fellas. While fiddling with it I turned it a tad too tightly, heard a little click, aaaand the door mechanism is totally broken. Whoops oh well at least it was only a buck!
Oh, man, I feel for you, Bro! During the challenge, it was discovered that these razors have the potential to develop rust. So I tried preventative care on mine...it died the next day!! I couldn't even get the blade out!!

If you haven't shaved a few times with yours...PM me your address and I'll send you a $1 to get a new one...just saying...everyone should have the opportunity!!

Hi,

I picked one up last night while doing some shopping in town. It's still in the card. If I keep it unused, do you think my Great Grand kids and sell it as an inheritance?

I think it will take some courage building to use it.........

Hi,

I picked one up last night while doing some shopping in town. It's still in the card. If I keep it unused, do you think my Great Grand kids and sell it as an inheritance?

I think it will take some courage building to use it.........
It's a kitty cat. Trust me...... :ihih:

Hi,

Last time somebody said "trust me", I found myself in full turnout gear inside a burning building with pieces of ceiling falling on me.:o15::o15::o15: What a rush!!!!!!!!!!:001_302::001_302::001_302:

20 some years later, I'm only just figuring out now that it's not the smartest idea.

Hi,

Last time somebody said "trust me", I found myself in full turnout gear inside a burning building with pieces of ceiling falling on me.:o15::o15::o15: What a rush!!!!!!!!!!:001_302::001_302::001_302:

20 some years later, I'm only just figuring out now that it's not the smartest idea.

LOL!!
Seriously, it's not as intimidating as you think. It's very efficient and relatively smooth. The blade is not the sharpest nor smoothest but, it gets it done fairly well. Quality of the razor is bad to mediocre, but some membees have razors that have held up quite well.

Only one way to find out amigo.....

Well amigos, I am back! These last weeks were pretty hectic, first some bad news, one of my uncles past very unexpectedly, massive heart attack, no one saw it comming, then, my father in law has being battling cancer and last couple of weeks have being a bad deal for him and the obvious in and out of hospitals, but things are turning the corner for the better for now, sooo, I owe an apology, I left some of you hanging on me trying the graham blades and... they were tried and here is my veredict: first let me start by saying the blade was tried on the assured razor, still working with no muss no fuzz but given its agressiveness dont know if it was the ideal set up, that said.... holy crap that was uncomfortable!! worst blade ever, out of the gate it was pulling so hard I thought I was ripping my face with depilatory wax! But given the macho I am I pulled thru (pun very intended) and finished with a DFS and a couple of small nicks that went away with the cold water finish and some burning with the alum block soo... I can scratch that out my bucket list but yea I survived but oh my! What a crappy blade!!!

Well amigos, I am back! These last weeks were pretty hectic, first some bad news, one of my uncles past very unexpectedly, massive heart attack, no one saw it comming, then, my father in law has being battling cancer and last couple of weeks have being a bad deal for him and the obvious in and out of hospitals, but things are turning the corner for the better for now, sooo, I owe an apology, I left some of you hanging on me trying the graham blades and... they were tried and here is my veredict: first let me start by saying the blade was tried on the assured razor, still working with no muss no fuzz but given its agressiveness dont know if it was the ideal set up, that said.... holy crap that was uncomfortable!! worst blade ever, out of the gate it was pulling so hard I thought I was ripping my face with depilatory wax! But given the macho I am I pulled thru (pun very intended) and finished with a DFS and a couple of small nicks that went away with the cold water finish and some burning with the alum block soo... I can scratch that out my bucket list but yea I survived but oh my! What a crappy blade!!!

Bravo :a14:

My sincere condolences for your family's loss. As for shaving with a Graham Field blade in an Assured razor, it's hard to know what to say. Congratulations on stopping the bleeding so quickly?

My sincere condolences for your family's loss. As for shaving with a Graham Field blade in an Assured razor, it's hard to know what to say. Congratulations on stopping the bleeding so quickly?
thanks and yea the nicks were not that bad of a deal, I used the slickest lather I have come up with and aproached with extreme caution, but the first strokes were like what tha heck! Someone mention that they probably were stropped on concrete! I can testify to that!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
thanks and yea the nicks were not that bad of a deal, I used the slickest lather I have come up with and aproached with extreme caution, but the first strokes were like what tha heck! Someone mention that they probably were stropped on concrete! I can testify to that!
You da man! I think I may retire my Assured while it still works. Used it yesterday with an Astra SP which was in the double digits for uses. Bit me a tiny bit, but delivered as close to a BBS as I dared try to achieve.

I may try it again, from time to time, just to keep this thread alive.... and because I'm such a brave man, lol. I do still have 4 unused yellow wrapped blades.....

Welcome to the graham field survivors club. Wear the membership patch with honor.

I do what I can. I've been abusing myself with some more expensive razors and blades lately. Not the best of times. At least your masochism only cost a buck! LOL

Top Bottom