What's new

Looking for a Few Good Men..... The $1 Razor Challenge!

Not in, but what store did you find these in?
On the back of the package it says "Distributed by Greenbrier International Inc." which means Dollar Tree. As mentioned earlier, they sold one under the "Pacific" brand earlier . Maybe they sold well enough Dollar Tree decided to do a run under their name instead (Exclusivity and such).

Still can't believe they can make and ship them from China, through a retail chain, and sell them for $1.00! - And include a pack of blades. Can we take bets on how well they hold up, or how quickly they fall apart? :302: :a19:

Kidding aside, sort of looks like the razor that was substituted in place of the MingShi style clone in maybe Oct or Nov of last year, when they were listed as a 'set of four' for like $6.00.

Curiosity alone will keep me watching this thread, just to see what happens.

Good luck to the guinea pigs, er candidates agreeing to participate.

Still can't believe they can make and ship them from China, through a retail chain, and sell them for $1.00! - And include a pack of blades. Can we take bets on how well they hold up, or how quickly they fall apart? :302: :a19:

Kidding aside, sort of looks like the razor that was substituted in place of the MingShi style clone in maybe Oct or Nov of last year, when they were listed as a 'set of four' for like $6.00.

Sssssshh..... Don't say that! They are not guinea pigs. They might read this and find out they've been duped...... :001_tt2: :07:

I prefer to think of myself as a test pilot :001_tt2:

Yea, a test pilot boldly going into the unknown to discover new things and expand boundaries of shaving. Yea, that's it......

Yea, a test pilot boldly going into the unknown to discover new things and expand boundaries of shaving. Yea, that's it......

Yeah! We're trailblazers man! We're groundbreakers! We're.....ok fine. We're guinea pigs.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I prefer to think of myself as a test pilot :001_tt2:

Yeah! We're trailblazers man! We're groundbreakers! We're.....ok fine. We're guinea pigs.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

giphy (4).gif

Hey I said I was in and wasnt counted! :001_unsur Thats ok, no hard feelings, is not like I lost...a dollar!:001_tt2: Anyways, theres is my rant of the day, I still watch the thread and see what results you guys have! Good luck to all.

Hey I said I was in and wasnt counted! :001_unsur Thats ok, no hard feelings, is not like I lost...a dollar!:001_tt2: Anyways, theres is my rant of the day, I still watch the thread and see what results you guys have! Good luck to all.

I'll pass you mine when I'm done if you want to get a second round started.

I'll pass you mine when I'm done if you want to get a second round started.
that would be great! Haha, I have no idea why am I so excited about a $1 razor, I guess is just a lot of fun to try new things not matter the cost(cheaper the better, my wife would kill me if I buy $50 razors just to try them, right?)

that would be great! Haha, I have no idea why am I so excited about a $1 razor, I guess is just a lot of fun to try new things not matter the cost(cheaper the better, my wife would kill me if I buy $50 razors just to try them, right?)

Send me a message with your info and I'll get it out to you when my week is up.

You never pm'ed me your ship to address. It was a first come first serve and you had to pm me your shipping details. All the others did so, except you. But, I have an extra one that I was saving for a family member. If your still willing and able, I can send you that if you'd like.... Just pm me your ship to address.

Cheers,
Gus

You never pm'ed me your ship to address. It was a first come first serve and you had to pm me your shipping details. All the others did so, except you. But, I have an extra one that I was saving for a family member. If your still willing and able, I can send you that if you'd like.... Just pm me your ship to address.

Cheers,
Gus
Ok I thought I did pm you, must have dreamed it haha my mistake, sorry for the unfounded rant, but dont worry, steavymetal offer his after he is done, send the extra to your family and thanks for letting me know my mistake, again is just fun so thanks for the opportunity

I got a Pacific version last fall at Big Lots. Mine was $1.50 so I way overpaid, I guess. Other than being lightweight, overall it doesn't look like too bad a razor.

I haven't used it yet but I'm following this thread.

Great idea!

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
OK, I was at the DollarTree today and my curiosity got the best of me ... bought one!

I'll let you know how it goes. :001_tongu

Top Bottom