What's new

Looking for a beard soap/shampoo?

Ok, I'm still really new to this, I've only really just had a little stubble goatee, but lately I've wanted a little something thicker, the wife doesn't really like it but I want it.. Anyway all I've ever really used was bar soap, and lately I switched soaps and I don't think it's really likes it, but I do. It's starting to flake, so I was wondering if there's a good cheap soap or shampoo that I can use to get rid of it and maybe soften it up? Maybe with a softer beard/goatee the wife won't be so mean,, thanks.. JR

I think what you're looking for is a beard conditioner, and perhaps the folks in the beard forum can help you out.

I use Abraham's Beard shampoo and have been very happy with it (I also have a goatee). I use a number of beard balms for conditioning and shaping that I also use. Let me know if I can help.
Thanks, I'll look it up.. I tried one of the wife's fancy shampoos, but then someone said they are too acid for the face, so I read baby shampoo also does some good, can't be too acid since its for a baby and safe to go in their eyes? So while out the other day I picked up a $1 bottle to try since I couldn't find anything besides shave cream or aftershave, and I must say, not bad, maybe a few more washes? JR

Wash beard with Pine tar soap..then apply a small amount of Argan oil rubbed in damp beard. Get it on the skin and thru hair. Then use a beard brush/stiff bristle brush and brush thru it. I used to get flakes all the time. Tried different soaps n beard oils but this works best for me. If I don't wash and oil at least 3-4 times a week it's flake city.

I've always just used whatever shampoo and conditioner my wife has it the shower. Since I started hanging around here, I have started using beard oil though. I've been using WSP brand.

Hey, the wife had an idea, somehow she just stopped and said "what about coconut oil?" We have a HUGE jug of it that we were using for other things, so I said ok, worth a try.. So I rubbed it in and let it sit for about 20min as I looked up if this has been done before, mostly done by women, but found a few beard growers that also do and swear by it. Well 20min later I washed it out with baby shampoo, dried it, then combed it.. I gave the wife a sad look, which made her want to feel the beard,, in thus she said "oh my god, that feels so much better!" I myself must said, I like it, And keep finding myself wanting to run my fingers through it, a couple more times of that and I can't imagine how soft this thing might get? Now just to work on getting the wife to want me to grow it bigger!​

Top Bottom