What's new

looking for a bag to carry sundries in

Anyone have a recommendation for a decent bag? Something to put my cell phone, Kindle, iPod, cables, wallet, keys, sunblock, etc. in. The $2 shopper's tote I've been sportin' is looking sort of "bag lady"-ish. And my backpack is kind of overkill.

Anyone have a recommendation for a decent bag? Something to put my cell phone, Kindle, iPod, cables, wallet, keys, sunblock, etc. in. The $2 shopper's tote I've been sportin' is looking sort of "bag lady"-ish. And my backpack is kind of overkill.

Saddleback Satchel, Maxpedition (tacticool look), Filson

I'm currently looking for a casual shoulder bag at the moment as well. I've got a very nice black leather one that I use for work but I want something smaller for casual use. You need to decide what material and style you like. That gives you a good starting point. I think that I'm going to go for a canvas field style small bag. I really like the small Filson bag but the LL Bean one at about a quarter the price is pretty good as well.

I've been using a Healthy Back Bag for the last 15 years or so ... they are incredibly roomy inside. It will hold a lot of odd-sized articles and still have room for more. The over-the-shoulder design is quite comfortable, and the load is self-adjusting. You can carry it filled with a lot of dead weight and hardly even notice that its there.

http://www.ameribag.com/

Red Oxx Gator bag. Designed as an under-the-seat airline carry on bag, it is great for lugging around personal effects. The also make a messenger style bag if you want something smaller.

Red Oxx.

If you're into messenger type bags, Chrome or Timbuk2.

I have a Chrome that's survived 12 years, one F2 tornado on foot, 3 brush fires and countless other serious incidents (at the time, was a news photographer).

Red Oxx Gator bag. Designed as an under-the-seat airline carry on bag, it is great for lugging around personal effects. The also make a messenger style bag if you want something smaller.

Red Oxx.

If you're into messenger type bags, Chrome or Timbuk2.

I have a Chrome that's survived 12 years, one F2 tornado on foot, 3 brush fires and countless other serious incidents (at the time, was a news photographer).

I've got a few Red Oxx things (one being the Metro briefcase) and I give them a big thumbs up.
They aren't the most discreet looking bags sometimes, but they are so well made, I think they might last forever.

I was a saddleback leather fan, but they are so bulky and unforgiving. No one I know who has a satchel from them even uses it anymore.
(they do make the best wallets though).

save yourself a fortune and a lot of hassle and get an army haversack in black. Nikwax after a good wash to get rid of any unfixwd dye. It'll cost you about $5 each, last for years and years and be the most unpretentious, anonymous bag you will ever own.
proxy.php

I ended up going for the LL Bean small canvas shoulder bag. A NWOT one popped up on ebay wiith a BIN of $20 which is too good to pass up. It's 9.5' x 9.5' x 4'. Just perfect for keeping my little Galaxy Tab, sunglasses etc in.

$223492_115_41.jpg

You can go with messenger bags which can hold all your stuff well without being too large or heavy and term of carrying. I use messenger bag by Tumi luggage which dimension is 12.25" x 15" x 3.5", media and phone pockets to hold cell phone, ipod and other portable electronics stuff, card pockets to hold all my credit cards.

http://www.cbfil.co.uk/

Looked for bags earlier on this year and saw this company advertised in GQ magazine. Never bought one in the end as they were a bit out of my price range but was impressed by most of the colour schemes and designs they had on there.

Top Bottom