What's new

Looking for 1946 razor for my Father.

What would be a nice, affordable razor (TTO) from 46'? R coded. Wanting to get my Father a birth razor. Thanks for your help in this matter!

What would be a nice, affordable razor (TTO) from 46'? R coded. Wanting to get my Father a birth razor. Thanks for your help in this matter!

1946 is a tough year for a birth razor. Gillette just started up civilian razors after the war and only made the Aristocrat and the Milord. Also none of the razors were date coded with what should have been R. That didn't start up again until 1951 except for a prototype V3 in 1950.

Len

Didn't they make the Ranger/Regent Tech in '41 AND '46? I thought I read that somewhere....or maybe that's when the Super Speed started?

I know that they were discontinued in '41, but I thought there was something somewhere stating that they had resumed for a limited time in '46. I could've sworn....

BTW
I have the rare luck of owning a Ranger Tech, and it's friggin' awesome!

Didn't they make the Ranger/Regent Tech in '41 AND '46? I thought I read that somewhere....or maybe that's when the Super Speed started?

Yes you are correct. They did have a limited production run in 46'. I can't find the discussion threads but we have covered this on more than one occasion.

A Tech with etching on the head but no date code would also come in pretty close. In fact, I bought one once that came to me with a '46 blade in it. (The blades of the time DID carry date codes.) These aren't TTO, but still quite nice; many of us prefer them.

Yes you are correct. They did have a limited production run in 46'. I can't find the discussion threads but we have covered this on more than one occasion.

Wait wait....I was right about something?
Holy Hannah Montana, Batman!!!!
I'm gonna have to write that one on the calendar...

Ray, you're right, the Shave Wiki mentions the Ranger Tech had a run in 1946 with end caps added. The discussion is missing though. That's too bad. But I would guess that if you found a '46 Ranger Tech it would no longer be in the affordable category. As it is my nearly mint '41 Ranger Tech cost a bunch. And yes it's a beautiful razor which I prize the most in my collection.

Len

Thanks alot guys, for the info. Just my luck, the 46' Ranger Tech would have to be one of the highly sought after collectables. What price range do you think I'm getting myself into? For a very nice/excellent grade? Without case.

I agree with Cooncatbob, the razor that sprung to mind is the no notch gold Aristocrat. I think its production run was 1946 and 1947 so you won't really know exactly when it was made. The 48 models had the notch.

Top Bottom