What's new

Looking at getting into SRS

I have been contemplating about giving straight razor shaving a shot. I really don't want to deal with stropping and honing right now. That puts me shaving with a shavette. I have been looking at the Parker SRX and the Feather Artist Club line. Is there advantages of one over the other? Any other suggestions?

I would guess that the Parker has its following, it’s a good and cheaper for travel, also a good way to use up DE blades.

I began with a traditional SR, then quickly switched to the Feather AC SS folding style. I now use the Feather almost exclusively when it domes to open blade shaves (the Weck Sextoblade is a very close second).

You can’t go wrong with either the Feather or Kai shavette systems. Be prepared for the possibility that it may take some time to learn it though. Some folks take to open blades like ducks to water, others need a little extra time.

I began with a traditional SR, then quickly switched to the Feather AC SS folding style. I now use the Feather almost exclusively when it domes to open blade shaves (the Weck Sextoblade is a very close second).

You can’t go wrong with either the Feather or Kai shavette systems. Be prepared for the possibility that it may take some time to learn it though. Some folks take to open blades like ducks to water, others need a little extra time.

+1

The AC SS is a joy to use once learned.

Any shavette style razor will work for you. Just weigh up blade type availability, cost and performance. My travel razor is a Dovo Shavette with Merkur long blades.

Top Bottom