What's new

looking at a kent

I remember going to London 8 years ago and getting pumped up about finally getting a Kent brush. Their super grade brushes were really expensive and floppy as all get out from what I read, but I figured this would be my chance to finally get one. I searched high and low in London and found a TON of Vulfix brushes, but no Kent. I bought my brother-in-law and father-in-law Kent bristle hair brushes, but that was all I could find. After that I lost my desire for Kent. I still wish I had at least gotten to hold one. Back then the BK8 had taken on near mythical status.

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
Kent brushes are too floppy for me in general. They don't have the backbone I like. And the better ones are expensive as hell. I imagine that in England you would have a great assortment of different brushes to chose from.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I bought a Kent brush not that long ago. Never used still in its box. I just can’t bring myself to use it. It looks so nice in the nice round cylindrical box.

Kent brushes are excellent! Tend to be soft, billowing brushes. Hold huge amount of lather!
Always a pleasure to shave with!!

kent brush group.jpg

You are just supposed to look. My wife calls it eyeball shopping. I'm learning, and we all can learn too. And do you have a link where you fell in?

sorry but the link your looking for is the never found missing link .:em2300:

I bought a Kent brush not that long ago. Never used still in its box. I just can’t bring myself to use it. It looks so nice in the nice round cylindrical box.

Use it, use it, use it! That's the thing I like about this hobby, is that you can collect all these nice brushes and razors, etc., but they're also functional tools to better an experience that many guys have to do every day, or nearly. That's what I think differentiates it from collecting, say, stamps or baseball cards or something. I'm definitely not knocking those hobbies, but I like that my hobby also has a functionality to it in addition to admiring the aesthetics of a finely crafted item.

But you're definitely right: the Kent brush in its box is so damn classy looking! :laugh:

Top Bottom