What's new

Looking a stand for SOC brushes

So what's the best stand for SOC boar and badger brushes?

I have Mühle stand that is for brushes with 24mm knot but those Semogue brushes just don't fit those stands the right way 'cause they got that metal ring on the handle.

Does anyone have these Omega stands with 26mm opening and the inside diameter 28mm, whould these be any good? http://www.razormaster.com/brush-stand-metallic-480.html

I have a stand like this but keep in mind that if the handle is heavy the brush will fall at any kind of movement
The brush can turn upside-down very easily.
I have the SOC but fits OK in a Frank Shaving stand,no need for something special.

I own a Semogue Owners Club boar in cherry that has become my favorite brush. My razor and brush stand won't hold it, so I simply dry it on a towel like normal after shaking it dry carefully, then set it on its base with the rest of my collection on top of the dresser in the bedroom.

I know it probably would be just ok to towel dry the brush but i still like to get a stand for those brushes.

I was browsing Gifts&Care's site and asked the owner what would be the best for those stands what they sell and Semogue 0010 stand seemed to be perfect as he send me couple of pictures. So i'm going to order couple of those.

I have a stand for my SOC and it is perfect. The closest to the stand I have is found at The Superior Shave. www.thesuperiorshave.com
I found the "Il Ceppo Brush Stand 6553" that closely matches mine. To find it, click on (1) " Razors, brushes, and all the software", (2) "Shaving Brushes" (3) "Brush Stands, then (4) "Brush Only Stands". There are several options all with helpful size info. You can call Jarrod who I've found to be very helpful. My stand is about 4.75 in tall and the brush holder is about 1 3/8 in diameter. You need a tall stand for an SOC. I also have the same stand for my Vulfix 2235 whose height and handle size is equal to the SOC. The Superior Shave does not sell Semogue brushes, however. Hope this helps.

I know it probably would be just ok to towel dry the brush but i still like to get a stand for those brushes.

I was browsing Gifts&Care's site and asked the owner what would be the best for those stands what they sell and Semogue 0010 stand seemed to be perfect as he send me couple of pictures. So i'm going to order couple of those.

I'd love to see this setup. Can you post the pix?

I meant to add:
The Superior Shave does sell Vulfix brushes I have a Vulfix 2235. So if Jarrod tells you the stand you select will hold a Vulfix 2235, it will probably hold an SOC as well.

Attachments

• $20150807_155251 (2).jpg
    $20150807_155251 (2).jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 101
  • $20150807_155310.jpg
    $20150807_155310.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
There are numerous ways you can devise a stand of your own ... wire coat hangers, plexiglass/Lucite, wood, even Lego are all materials that have been used in the past. You can also fashion a "hangman's noose" from yarn to suspend the brush from above.

Whatever stand you decide on, make sure it holds the brush by the handle, and doesn't come in contact with the knot. This pinches the knot and defeats the drying, and will probably lead to shedding.

WoS,

Take a look at http://www.theportugalonlineshop.com

They sell Semogue brushes and have a choice of matching razor/brush stands. The cool thing is that they have them all sorted for you as to which brush and stand will work together.

I bought my stand (brush and razor combo) there (already had the Semogue 620) and it's a perfect match. And severely stable.

Clear plastic and very inexpensive, if that's okay.

WoS,

Take a look at http://www.theportugalonlineshop.com

They sell Semogue brushes and have a choice of matching razor/brush stands. The cool thing is that they have them all sorted for you as to which brush and stand will work together.

I bought my stand (brush and razor combo) there (already had the Semogue 620) and it's a perfect match. And severely stable.

Clear plastic and very inexpensive, if that's okay.

I actually ordered my SOC's from there but never looked for the stands. I ordered couple of Semogue brush & razor stands from Gifts and Care and they have those same stands too.

Top Bottom