What's new

Looking a medium hold gel that adds shine

I have been using Paul Mitchell's Slick Works but it is being discontinued. I have curly hair that is about 1/2 gray now and gets dull. Shine is more of a priority than hold. Odorless would be a plus. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Mike, unfortunately I have no hints on gels as I don't use them. Would you like some pomades suggestions?

Mike, unfortunately I have no hints on gels as I don't use them. Would you like some pomades suggestions?

Marco,
Sure, I would appreciate any suggestions. I really only need a mild hold product but need one that adds shine. I have never tried a pomade but would certainly be willing. Thanks for the response.
Mike

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Marco,
Sure, I would appreciate any suggestions. I really only need a mild hold product but need one that adds shine. I have never tried a pomade but would certainly be willing. Thanks for the response.
Mike

Mike, I think you could love Layrite Super Shine. It has a light/medium hold and, as the name itself says, adds a lot of shine. Many also like to use it as a cover for pomades with stronger hold, just to add that slick look you are looking for.

Mike, I think you could love Layrite Super Shine. It has a light/medium hold and, as the name itself says, adds a lot of shine. Many also like to use it as a cover for pomades with stronger hold, just to add that slick look you are looking for.

Thank you sir! I sort of feel a connection to you. My father was from Palermo and my mother from Naples. I have never been to Italy nor do I speak a word of Italian. We still had a large family with many of the Italian traditions. When I read some of your posts it brings back lots of memories. Thanks for all you do here!

Believe it or not, I do use Brylcreem. It is very close to what I am looking but I don't care for the smell.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Thank you sir! I sort of feel a connection to you. My father was from Palermo and my mother from Naples. I have never been to Italy nor do I speak a word of Italian. We still had a large family with many of the Italian traditions. When I read some of your posts it brings back lots of memories. Thanks for all you do here!

Having Italian blood is always an added bonus, Mike. VIVA L'ITALIA! :thumbup:

Top Bottom