What's new

Look Who I Met

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Glad you two got to meet up and a great picture! Definitely 2 of the good guys on B&B, well at least 1 and then that @FarmerTan guy.
Yeah, the sheer disappointment on poor ol' @dmshaver 's face when I walked in....looked like he was thinking "Man! I wasn't exactly expecting Tom Cruise, but when Don Rickles with a toupee walked in I started looking for the Mafioso to show up" kinda hurt me a little.... Then that look of "Whew! It's nice to still be the best looking guy in the establishment" crossed his face for a brief moment and then I was the one crushed!.....Ugh! But when my wife turned to me and said " hey Bozo! Why can't YOU grow such a purty moustache!" I KNEW it was going to be a LONG night!

Then when we FINALLY got to get away from him and his wife, a perfect lady, I heard my wife say under her breath, " I wonder why FarmerTan ain't such a gentleman?" I had finally had enough! I said "hey! You keep this up and I'll quit killin' the flies that land on you with that less sharp shovel when we clean out the chicken pens!".....and THAT was when she made me get up early to go to church with "Mr Wonderful and his Bride!" Mostly true story doggone!

FarmerTan

Glad you two got to meet up and a great picture! Definitely 2 of the good guys on B&B, well at least 1 and then that @FarmerTan guy.
Ya know, you are one of the one percenters here on Badger and Blade yerself my friend!

*(whispering to self* "I'm not sure which state is the Tar Heel State but I'ma gonna be nice in case I meet this dude and I need BBQ suggestions!"

Yeah, the sheer disappointment on poor ol' @dmshaver 's face when I walked in....looked like he was thinking "Man! I wasn't exactly expecting Tom Cruise, but when Don Rickles with a toupee walked in I started looking for the Mafioso to show up" kinda hurt me a little.... Then that look of "Whew! It's nice to still be the best looking guy in the establishment" crossed his face for a brief moment and then I was the one crushed!.....Ugh! But when my wife turned to me and said " hey Bozo! Why can't YOU grow such a purty moustache!" I KNEW it was going to be a LONG night!

Then when we FINALLY got to get away from him and his wife, a perfect lady, I heard my wife say under her breath, " I wonder why FarmerTan ain't such a gentleman?" I had finally had enough! I said "hey! You keep this up and I'll quit killin' the flies that land on you with that less sharp shovel when we clean out the chicken pens!".....and THAT was when she made me get up early to go to church with "Mr Wonderful and his Bride!" Mostly true story doggone!
OK, now that's crossing the line way too far!!!!! I didn't know you were a mind reader!!! And my Don Rickles thought was a compliment. Really!
And I'm curious. Should I read anything into when you first got seated with us you told the waitress you were seated there by mistake, & was there another table available that I could be seated at?
I got to defend myself after that. So... let's see, where do I start!
Well, let's see. Hmmm... I guess you got the story right, after all.
Yeah, well, never mind!

Last edited:

FarmerTan

OK, now that's crossing the line way too far!!!!! I didn't know you were a mind reader!!! And my Don Rickles thought was a compliment. Really!
I got to defend myself after that. So... let's see, where do I start!
Well, let's see. Hmmm... I guess you got the story right, after all.
Yeah, well, never mind!
It's a good thing fer you that our wives got along so good or I'd look fer a better class of loser the next time I visit my good friend Harry S Truman's library doggone!..... But yeah, that story was pretty close to the truth.... I'd almost had enough of you though when you kept asking the women if they were "catching my good side? Oh! That's right! I'm dmshaver! I don't have a bad side!" THAT was when I wished I had saved those phone numbers I got from Sinatra years ago....

FarmerTan

@dmshaver only wanted to meet up with you @FarmerTan for the simple fact he is from the Show Me State. Needed to see firsthand if your claim is valid!😂

Glad you guys got to meet up.

Thanks for sharing!

I had a great time. This place is great, because of the friends I have made here. I joined because of my cheapskate ways, and I never believed that I would meet people that the only thing I had in common with was our desire for a nice shave, and that those folks became friends is mind blowing!

I had a great time. This place is great, because of the friends I have made here. I joined because of my cheapskate ways, and I never believed that I would meet people that the only thing I had in common with was our desire for a nice shave, and that those folks became friends is mind blowing!
This entire B&B forum is full of gents from around the globe and it is a nice bonus when you can personally meet them.
Again, glad you had a great time!

FarmerTan

Hey @FarmerTan , when are you making your rounds to the Great Garden State?
:001_tt2:
I'll run it by the War Department.... As @dmshaver can attest, that woman likes her BBQ, doggone! She had sauce up to her elbows, and we just hosed her off before that picture was snapped! So, as she is my personal driver, I'd make her happy if you want to see my incredibly handsome face in person!

I'll run it by the War Department.... As @dmshaver can attest, that woman likes her BBQ, doggone! She had sauce up to her elbows, and we just hosed her off before that picture was snapped! So, as she is my personal driver, I'd make her happy if you want to see my incredibly handsome face in person!
Some folks fall all the way into the sauce. That's why they have lifeguards at BBQ restaurants! "True story doggone"!

Top Bottom