What's new

Look at what happened to my shaving brush this morning!

$broken brush.jpg

It's an Art of Shaving brush. My wife gave it to me as a gift, but she always goes for the cheapest item when it comes to funding my hobbies. I took it back to the store and they gave me credit for the full $55 and I upgraded to a better one.

No fear, though, I have five other brushes of various grades.

Yikes, I can't say that I've ever had that one happen... Though I have re-knotted a couple ever-readys, and its fairly easy to put some marine epoxy in there if it happens again. Awesome that the store gave you a full credit though.

Yikes, I can't say that I've ever had that one happen... Though I have re-knotted a couple ever-readys, and its fairly easy to put some marine epoxy in there if it happens again. Awesome that the store gave you a full credit though.

Yeah, especially since it's several years old and they didn't even ask for a receipt. The sales associates there know me by sight and know by memory everything I've bought there.

That's why I don't even step in aos stores or use any of their products

This sounds like an example of them doing things right. The product had a defect that only showed years later and they replaced the item without much trouble.

Even the best brush makers have this happen to them once in a while (seriously). As Soldierdan says though, this is an easy fix. I actually prefer for knots to be secured in the handle without excess epoxy etc. This way, if you want to reknot a brush you can do it without destroying the handle in the process. Same is true for saving a knot out of a handle.

The OP said its several years old. I think it's pretty commendable that he was given full credit toward a new purchase. Not many vendors would do that after "several years". I'm not an AOS user (except for the Sandalwood EDT) so I have to say I'm pretty impressed.

The OP said its several years old. I think it's pretty commendable that he was given full credit toward a new purchase. Not many vendors would do that after "several years". I'm not an AOS user (except for the Sandalwood EDT) so I have to say I'm pretty impressed.

Woah must have missed that... They DID do good by him.... Still not a fan of their stuff and the price they sell them at...

While their prices are quite high, they are one of the very few places you can actually see and smell merchandise, particularly now that Crabtree and Evelyn have closed most of their retail shops.

True. Valid point there. Depending where you live, there are other brick and mortar stores with a larger selection. To be clear, I don't have a "hate-on" for AOS, as can be found about the various shaving forums. I just find their prices a bit on the high side. It didn't stop me from buying their fine Sandalwood EDT.

Glad to hear it. Over the years my sons have given me AOS soaps as gifts and I have a nice supply on hand. Their tallow soaps are excellent and considering how long they last they are good value. I haven't tried the newly formulated soaps, however, since I have a few years to go on the tallow ones. :001_smile

Awesome to hear about any organization willing to make a problem right. Way to go AOS. Did they let you keep the dead brush?

Top Bottom