What's new

Longlasting EDP / EDT alternative to Eau Sauvage?

Hi all,

As per title, does anyone have any recommendations for a scent similar to Eau Sauvage that is a. long-lasting and b. reasonably priced?

I like the EDT and the EDP, but find the former lasts minimally whereas the latter is ridiculously overpriced.

I like citrusy scents with patchouli, vetiver, musk and bergamot notes. I like the jasmine in the ES. I use Pinaud Clubman Citrus Musk or 4711 cologne after shaving, and to my nose these compliment Eau Sauvage well.

Open to suggestions :001_smile

Luke

Alvarez Gomez Agua de Colonia Concentrada. It doesn't have much sillage but I find it to be long lasting. A Spanish classic for the last 100 years.
Edit: it doesn't cost much either.

British Sterling by Dana. I haven't smelled the real Eau Sauvage, but I have a clone oil that's good quality. It is similar to British Sterling, which is a great fragrance in it's own right. I find it less citrusy, by the amber and vanilla is definitely there. I highly recommend it.

British Sterling by Dana. I haven't smelled the real Eau Sauvage, but I have a clone oil that's good quality. It is similar to British Sterling, which is a great fragrance in it's own right. I find it less citrusy, by the amber and vanilla is definitely there. I highly recommend it.

Thank you for the recommendation. Seems this one is very difficult to find in the UK though! There are some reasonably-priced unboxed bottles available from the States - I may order one to see if I like it.

I doubt that much of anything else would come close to this:
EE1147AD-CCC9-4EE9-B43E-FD8D985363DB.jpeg

MENS DESIGNER Type FRAGRANCE PERFUME OIL- YOU PICK SIZE & SCENT- STRONG | eBay

I have this and it is really, really good. I don't know how close it is to the original, but I've bought a number of these products and they are consistently excellent. The Eau Sauvage is very potent. Don't be dissuaded by the cheap price and appearance. I also have a clone of Rive Gauche and it's just as strong. Plus it doesn't contain alcohol so it can be shipped to the UK with no problems.

Thank you all, some great insights there. International shipping is an issue with some of the suggestions, however it seems worth following up with individual sellers.

I plan to try the Annick Goutal and Alvarez Gomez scents from local vendors, and have also been advised to try the Saponificio Varesino Cubebe.

I've got a suggestion, but it aint cheap! Xerjoff Fiero. This one is referred to as Eau Sauvage on steroids. It lasts all day on me. Maybe you could hunt down a sample to see if you like it before spending Xerjoff prices.

How about Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme? Power, legs, sillage galore. To me kind of lemony like Eau Savage. Widely available. I do not know what the prices are like these days.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
I've got a suggestion, but it aint cheap! Xerjoff Fiero. This one is referred to as Eau Sauvage on steroids. It lasts all day on me. Maybe you could hunt down a sample to see if you like it before spending Xerjoff prices.

I've seen your recommendation for this several times (Nuavia Blu thread too I believe?). You're making it hard to resist.

I've seen your recommendation for this several times (Nuavia Blu thread too I believe?). You're making it hard to resist.
The recommendation in the Nuavia Blu thread was Zefiro. It's hard to keep the Xerjoff names straight :). Both are worth sampling IMO.

Thank you all for the recommendations. I wanted to update, and respond to those I haven't replied to.

Alvarez Gomez Agua de Colonia Concentrada. It doesn't have much sillage but I find it to be long lasting.

So far this is the only one I've been able to try! I bought a £5.00 40ml bottle - I find it very pleasant, and it lasts well. You are correct on its lack of sillage (at least on me) and as such I think I will use it to replace my 4711 - which does not last so well.

I doubt that much of anything else would come close to this:
View attachment 981050

I have yet to find anywhere that stocks this in the UK, but it is expensive. As such it would need to be considerably better than Eau Sauvage in fragrance and / or persistence to be in contention I'm afraid - although its artisanal nature gets it significant brownie points. If you know of any UK high street stockists I'd be delighted to hear.

Thanks - I tried to order this but the checkout consistently crashed. I notified the seller, awaiting a response, but it seems they do not ship to UK.

That one is REALLY pricey and as such probably off the list I'm afraid. I want to wear this daily, and the bill would be eye-watering even if it smelled heavenly (I'm sure it does).

How about Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme? Power, legs, sillage galore. To me kind of lemony like Eau Savage. Widely available. I do not know what the prices are like these days.

I have yet to try this, but as you say it's widely available and is also very reasonably priced. I'll update when I next get a chance to go to the shops - in about 3 weeks :(

Others I have now tried include the SV Cubebe (pleasant but I didn't love it); Castle Forbes Keig (very pleasant, a real possible); and Montblanc Legend EDT (another contender).

Thanks again everyone :)

Luke

Top Bottom