Longlasting EDP / EDT alternative to Eau Sauvage?

Discussion in 'Fragrance' started by MurderousCrow, May 15, 2019 at 7:25 AM.

1. MurderousCrow

MurderousCrow Contributor

Hi all,

As per title, does anyone have any recommendations for a scent similar to Eau Sauvage that is a. long-lasting and b. reasonably priced?

I like the EDT and the EDP, but find the former lasts minimally whereas the latter is ridiculously overpriced.

I like citrusy scents with patchouli, vetiver, musk and bergamot notes. I like the jasmine in the ES. I use Pinaud Clubman Citrus Musk or 4711 cologne after shaving, and to my nose these compliment Eau Sauvage well.

Open to suggestions :001_smile

Luke

2. Polarbeard

Polarbeard Contributor Ambassador

Alvarez Gomez Agua de Colonia Concentrada. It doesn't have much sillage but I find it to be long lasting. A Spanish classic for the last 100 years.
    Edit: it doesn't cost much either.

3. MurderousCrow

Thank you.

4. British Sterling by Dana. I haven't smelled the real Eau Sauvage, but I have a clone oil that's good quality. It is similar to British Sterling, which is a great fragrance in it's own right. I find it less citrusy, by the amber and vanilla is definitely there. I highly recommend it.

5. MurderousCrow

Thank you for the recommendation. Seems this one is very difficult to find in the UK though! There are some reasonably-priced unboxed bottles available from the States - I may order one to see if I like it.

6. I doubt that much of anything else would come close to this:
    EE1147AD-CCC9-4EE9-B43E-FD8D985363DB.jpeg

7. sarimento1

sarimento1 Contributor

these Pinaud aftershaves are longer-lasting (and far cheaper) than most EdP's!!

pinaud aftershaves.jpg

8. MENS DESIGNER Type FRAGRANCE PERFUME OIL- YOU PICK SIZE & SCENT- STRONG | eBay

I have this and it is really, really good. I don't know how close it is to the original, but I've bought a number of these products and they are consistently excellent. The Eau Sauvage is very potent. Don't be dissuaded by the cheap price and appearance. I also have a clone of Rive Gauche and it's just as strong. Plus it doesn't contain alcohol so it can be shipped to the UK with no problems.

9. MurderousCrow

Thank you all, some great insights there. International shipping is an issue with some of the suggestions, however it seems worth following up with individual sellers.

I plan to try the Annick Goutal and Alvarez Gomez scents from local vendors, and have also been advised to try the Saponificio Varesino Cubebe.

10. I've got a suggestion, but it aint cheap! Xerjoff Fiero. This one is referred to as Eau Sauvage on steroids. It lasts all day on me. Maybe you could hunt down a sample to see if you like it before spending Xerjoff prices.

11. The Knize

The Knize Moderator Emeritus

How about Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme? Power, legs, sillage galore. To me kind of lemony like Eau Savage. Widely available. I do not know what the prices are like these days.

12. I've seen your recommendation for this several times (Nuavia Blu thread too I believe?). You're making it hard to resist.

13. The recommendation in the Nuavia Blu thread was Zefiro. It's hard to keep the Xerjoff names straight :). Both are worth sampling IMO.

14. Thx for the clarification!