What's new

Longevity of unopened bottles of Old Spice & Brut.

As the title says! I bought a bottle of Old Spice & a Bottle of Brut around three years ago, I have been using a bottle of Lidl's G.Bellini fragrance, it ran out yesterday, so I wasn't to start using the aftershave that's likeliest to go off first & leave the longer lasting bottle in the cupboard until it runs out.
What is likeliest to be the longer lasting of the two? Both are unopened & the Old Spice is still in the box, stored in a cool dark cupboard & have been since they were bought.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I have many aftershaves and colognes, including Fabergé Brut and Shulton Old Spice, that are not only decades old but they have been open for decades and they are fine. Arguably some slight change in scent may occur over such time, particularly in the top notes, but they should not go off in my experience unless they are contaminated or improperly stored. I would open and use them both, they are among my favourites👍

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
As the title says! I bought a bottle of Old Spice & a Bottle of Brut around three years ago, I have been using a bottle of Lidl's G.Bellini fragrance, it ran out yesterday, so I wasn't to start using the aftershave that's likeliest to go off first & leave the longer lasting bottle in the cupboard until it runs out.
What is likeliest to be the longer lasting of the two? Both are unopened & the Old Spice is still in the box, stored in a cool dark cupboard & have been since they were bought.
Both will last a very long time.

I have some aftershaves that have to be at least 3 decades old or much much older that still have a strong scent to them. They still seem to work and I'm not dead yet. But I'll let you know in a few more days if something happens.

I just used this one
IMG_20230223_132215333.jpg

And I have these left to try
IMG_20230205_203619708_HDR.jpg

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I have:

Shulton Old Spice from the 60’s.

Vintage Avon and more Old Spice from the 70’s

Vintage Brut Faberge, Mennen Skin Bracer, Ralph Lauren Polo, Halston Z-14, and various Calvin Klein flavors and many other department store brands and more Old Spice from the 80’s

And various drugstore brands, Clubman, Aqua Velva Musk and many others, including even more Old Spice from the 90’s.

All of them are still good. :)

Top Bottom