What's new

Longest Lasting Bay Rum?

I post this here and not user aftershaves for a reason. I'm looking for an all day Bay Rum cologne. Can't find any that have good reviews.

Currently I just grab Clubman Bay Rum but the sent isn't as pronounced or long lasting as I'd like

Any recommendations?

IMG_5450.JPG
Ogallala bay rum with sandalwood is long lasting, probably with help from the wood.

If you can get away without hurling than masters last like 3 days. At least that's how long it takes whenever I put the stuff on. Bluck!!

I post this here and not user aftershaves for a reason. I'm looking for an all day Bay Rum cologne. Can't find any that have good reviews.

Currently I just grab Clubman Bay Rum but the sent isn't as pronounced or long lasting as I'd like

Any recommendations?

I once read that people with oily skin tend to get greater longevity with their after shave scents.

Keeping that in mind I noticed that my AS lasts longer if I have a good base on witch hazel applied to my skin before the AS goes on. On days I don't use as much AS, the scent doesn't last as long.

Do you have/use unscented witch hazel? Full disclosure, I use one with lemon scent and one with cucumber. I tend to use lemon the most and I don't think that the scent influences the AS, but YNMV (Your Nose Many Vary).

Last edited:
I once read that people with oily skin tend to get greater longevity with their after shave scents.

Keeping that in mind I noticed that my AS lasts longer if I have a good base on witch hazel applied to my skin before the AS goes on. On days I don't use as much AS, the scent doesn't last as long.

Do you have/use unscented witch hazel? Full disclosure, I use one with lemon scent and one with cucumber. I tend to use lemon the most and I don't think that the scent influences the AS, but YNMV (Your Nose Many Vary).

I do have some unscented witch hazel toner. It's been known for a while that moisturized skin hold sent longer.

Providence Perfume Co. Bay Rum. It's a fragrance, not an aftershave. Handmade in Providence RI from all natural ingredients based on an old local recipe. If you like Bay Rum...this is delicious and long lasting. Worth the price. about $60

Meehan's is also very good but I prefer the Providence Perfume Co.

providence.jpg

Providence Perfume Co. Bay Rum. It's a fragrance, not an aftershave. Handmade in Providence RI from all natural ingredients based on an old local recipe. If you like Bay Rum...this is delicious and long lasting. Worth the price. about $60

Meehan's is also very good but I prefer the Providence Perfume Co.

View attachment 816688

I am awaiting a bottle, should be here three days from now. Getting low on Meehan's figured I'd try the 'Providence'.

Well, I recieved my sample bottle of Providence Perfume Co. Bay Rum. Not bad but, not great either. I'll give it another try tomorrow but as of right now, it looks like I'll be going back to the Meehan's. The Providence bay rum has a "woody" - non bay rum side to it that I don't care for. YMMV.

Top Bottom