What's new

LONGEST lasting aftershave?

I’m a “one and done” kinda guy. I like to apply fragrance ONCE a day and be done with it, so I generally prefer EDTs.

However, for those scents that ONLY come in an “aftershave” formula (Old Spice, Clubman, etc.), what, in your experience, do you find to be the LONGEST lasting, esp. for these hot, humid summer months? 🤔

Thx! 😁💈

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
This is a great question.... I find that a lot of the old Avon aftershave scents stick around, but not all day....

But Pino Sylvestri has been one I have been using a lot in the summer. Not sure it's supposed to be used as an aftershave, but it's one that lasts for hours on me...

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Razorock American barber has a unique scent and it lasts but not a loud scent but noticeable for the individual who applies it. They just recently changed the formula a little possibly because of European rules of liquids exporting possibly I heard someone mention it changed a little.
2018 when I did a review on it and still enjoy the fragrance!
Razorock American barber aftershave: Bought this on some of the reviews on their site and thought why not because I was putting a order in. The scent is mid range to me and I have mixed feelings( a keeper) , it's one that I would not use every day but it has a nice aroma for those days you want something to change things up and to finish a decent shave.
Cost:$12.00
20180704_083340_crop_633x432[86897]B&B.jpg

Scent strength: 4-5/10 that is not strong but has some staying strength, 4-5hrs noticeable hrs depending on the amount applied but enjoyable for myself and not a crowd cologne statement. The scent is unique in that it has a high note when dried that is hard to describe (final dried high note is a little sweet & sour unnatural almost) and guys will like this if they want something with staying power IMO.
It could be office friendly IMO and the wife is suspicious:flowers: and would not want her in the car to give my little secret away:laugh: . I applied a little dab of RR American barber aftershave mid arm to check periodically to get more noticeable scent time accurate.
Reactions: No complaints from folks around me . When applied you get a slight alcohol burn and while wet the scent changes a little as it is drying it seems to quiet down to slow fade over time. My skin showed no reactions and the post shave is very reasonable IMO with good skin tone and feel.
Paper business card test (NEW): I use some old paper business cards that I have to dab some RR American barber on and let dry and check periodically to smell how long the scent stays on the paper before it is not very noticeable. Approx 18 hrs staying power you can still pick up slight traces of scent, this is different than on your skin it seems because of the powders that are added in formula are bone dry & because your nose seems to deaden scent fragrance out within 10 minutes and most noses seems to pick up whiffs of it periodically with me anyways.:a17:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Razorock American barber has a unique scent and it lasts but not a loud scent but noticeable for the individual who applies it. They just recently changed the formula a little possibly because of European rules of liquids exporting possibly I heard someone mention it changed a little.
2018 when I did a review on it and still enjoy the fragrance!
Razorock American barber aftershave: Bought this on some of the reviews on their site and thought why not because I was putting a order in. The scent is mid range to me and I have mixed feelings( a keeper) , it's one that I would not use every day but it has a nice aroma for those days you want something to change things up and to finish a decent shave.
Cost:$12.00
20180704_083340_crop_633x432[86897]B&B.jpg

Scent strength: 4-5/10 that is not strong but has some staying strength, 4-5hrs noticeable hrs depending on the amount applied but enjoyable for myself and not a crowd cologne statement. The scent is unique in that it has a high note when dried that is hard to describe (final dried high note is a little sweet & sour unnatural almost) and guys will like this if they want something with staying power IMO.
It could be office friendly IMO and the wife is suspicious:flowers: and would not want her in the car to give my little secret away:laugh: . I applied a little dab of RR American barber aftershave mid arm to check periodically to get more noticeable scent time accurate.
Reactions: No complaints from folks around me . When applied you get a slight alcohol burn and while wet the scent changes a little as it is drying it seems to quiet down to slow fade over time. My skin showed no reactions and the post shave is very reasonable IMO with good skin tone and feel.
Paper business card test (NEW): I use some old paper business cards that I have to dab some RR American barber on and let dry and check periodically to smell how long the scent stays on the paper before it is not very noticeable. Approx 18 hrs staying power you can still pick up slight traces of scent, this is different than on your skin it seems because of the powders that are added in formula are bone dry & because your nose seems to deaden scent fragrance out within 10 minutes and most noses seems to pick up whiffs of it periodically with me anyways.:a17:
How is this the first time I have seen THIS graph?
I love the one you did on blade sharpness...

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
How is this the first time I have seen THIS graph?
I love the one you did on blade sharpness...
I have about 3 or 4 different charts when I first was a member here and I'm not the best at describing things like a pro like your self(with some humor thrown in on your part) so I make charts to describe things better hopefully!

Murphy & McNeil's Ogham Stone aftershave balm has by far the longest-lasting scent of any aftershave I have used. I catch whiffs of it all day and in the shower the following morning.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Ogallala Bay Rum Double Strength aftershave
Anything from Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements
Seaforth Spiced
Seaforth Spiced Lime
Pinaud Sweet Rum
RazoRock The Dead Sea
Fine Aquamarine
Goodfellas' Smile Abysso
Bootlegger's Bay Rum

Top Bottom