What's new

Long time shaver, first time Safety Razor

I picked items from beardandblade.com as they're local.
That Frank Shaving razor looks like a Weishi 9306 which is reasonably popular and should give you good shaves without razor burn; don't force it but let the blade do the work.

I'm a week in after 20 years of carts, myself. I have been getting really great shaves, except I've been getting really bad razor burn on my neck and jawline. Came across this thread yesterday and read all mine pages of it. I'm going to try to focus on only two passes and not worrying about whatever's left over. I can get BBS everywhere else with only two passes, but had been doing an extra two ATG passes in these problem areas. Taking today off for healing and starting with one WTG and one XTG tomorrow. Good luck with your shaves.

I'm a week in after 20 years of carts, myself. I have been getting really great shaves, except I've been getting really bad razor burn on my neck and jawline. Came across this thread yesterday and read all mine pages of it. I'm going to try to focus on only two passes and not worrying about whatever's left over. I can get BBS everywhere else with only two passes, but had been doing an extra two ATG passes in these problem areas. Taking today off for healing and starting with one WTG and one XTG tomorrow. Good luck with your shaves.

Welcome to B&B!

Try to really understand and follow the direction of you beard growth in your problem areas (neck and jawline). It will help with both comfort and closeness in the long run. Your decision to focus on comfort is a good one. I mostly do a 2 pass WTG/XTG and can get a very close shave.

Well, a couple of weeks in and my technique has improved a lot. Minimal razor burn, single passes. I'm still going with a fresh blade each time (just until I get it down pat). Unfortunately still a long way from BBS. I'm actually missing carts a bit, as I always got perfect painless BBS from them.
But I shall persist!

Well, a couple of weeks in and my technique has improved a lot. Minimal razor burn, single passes. I'm still going with a fresh blade each time (just until I get it down pat). Unfortunately still a long way from BBS. I'm actually missing carts a bit, as I always got perfect painless BBS from them.
But I shall persist!
A lot of users think their blades shave better after the first shave, not that doing so will greatly improve your shaves, but you might try it to see what you think.

Top Bottom