What's new

Long Term Storage of Artisan Soaps

I keep mine on a shelf in the extra bedroom. Dry, but not necessarily cool all the time like a basement. I have a puck of Mike's Natural from 2012 I still haven't finished that is totally fine, but I just tossed a jar of GD Valencia from last year that went bad out of nowhere. I don't bloom my soaps and I typically load with a pretty dry brush, seems like luck of the draw to me.

I think I’ve made it almost 2 yrs without buying any new soap unfortunately my estimations were off so still looking at 5-6 yrs of soap left.

I have some soaps from Razorock and Stirling that are around 6 yrs old. So far I haven’t noticed any problems. They are kept in a spare bedroom in their own containers or Pyrex type bowls at whatever the temp and humidity is for that room throughout the year.

Don’t think I own any of the super fat soaps. The newest bases I own would be L&L Bison, B&M Reserve and Glissant.

Still hard to believe they will all make it to the end. Hopefully lesson learned.

I have artisan soaps pushing 8 years that are still perfect.

I load the brush in the tub, wipe out all the remaining proto-lather and leave it open for an hour or so.
Then it goes back into a wardrobe which is the darkest and coolest place available.

Top Bottom