What's new

Long-scented Aftershave Products?

I'm coming off of a few months of experimenting with my post-shave technique: witch hazel, wait 10 minutes, then aloe. Skin conditioning has worked well, but I miss the days of my youth when the scent of Old Spice and others lingered into my day.

I might consider a two product alternative (aftershave and cologne), but would prefer a single product solution, an aftershave with prolonged scent life.

Preliminary research reveals only one product line of aftershaves whose distributor claims is long-lasting, 6-8 hours (Wet Shaving Products).

Are there others that you know of or have tried?

Thanks for reading and considering!

IMHO, if you want a scent to last that long, it will probably not be suitable for use on the face immediately after shaving. It will requite a higher concentration of fragrance oils than most aftershaves have. EdTs or EdPs are probably what you need. Those are usually applied to pulse points, just a small amount at a time.

I'm coming off of a few months of experimenting with my post-shave technique: witch hazel, wait 10 minutes, then aloe. Skin conditioning has worked well, but I miss the days of my youth when the scent of Old Spice and others lingered into my day.

I might consider a two product alternative (aftershave and cologne), but would prefer a single product solution, an aftershave with prolonged scent life.

Preliminary research reveals only one product line of aftershaves whose distributor claims is long-lasting, 6-8 hours (Wet Shaving Products).

Are there others that you know of or have tried?

Thanks for reading and considering!
So as a general rule "aftershave" splashs have a high volume of alcohol (lower concentration of fragrance) versus "EdT" and even greater than "EdP". This means the concentration of fragrance is highest in EdPs, less in EdTs and then even lower in aftershaves splash products.

Now! To answer your immediate question about what aftershaves, linger or last any real extended length of time. Two brands come to mind. Tabac and P.A.A. If you don't know what Tabac smells like, you'll either love it or love it. Haha, just kidding. I love it so... But seriously it's really good but can be somewhat divisive as its unique but it is strong/long lasting. I use the aftershave and it lingers on me all day. I do still want to acquire the cologne but for now the aftershave is working well.

The other is Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements. They straight up label all of their "aftershaves" as being Aftershave/Cologne. I believe this is because they don't use the typical 10% fragrance that is used in most all aftershaves. The use a higher amount.

As I'm sure you're well aware of, there are many options to choose from with this brand. I would suggest scoping the site out and then bounce back to B&B to run some searches to see if you can find any needed information you're looking for. You can always ask questions in this thread you started or post in others.

I hope this helps.

Very few aftershaves last very long IME and I personally use EDT/EDP for my daily scent.

The longest lasting aftershave (and soap) scent I have ever tried is Stirling Green. A shave with the soap and a splash of AS after smells stronger than Ralph Lauren Polo EDT. Stuff is insanely strong and is a dead ringer for Polo Green.

So as a general rule "aftershave" splashs have a high volume of alcohol (lower concentration of fragrance) versus "EdT" and even greater than "EdP". This means the concentration of fragrance is highest in EdPs, less in EdTs and then even lower in aftershaves splash products.

Now! To answer your immediate question about what aftershaves, linger or last any real extended length of time. Two brands come to mind. Tabac and P.A.A. If you don't know what Tabac smells like, you'll either love it or love it. Haha, just kidding. I love it so... But seriously it's really good but can be somewhat divisive as its unique but it is strong/long lasting. I use the aftershave and it lingers on me all day. I do still want to acquire the cologne but for now the aftershave is working well.

The other is Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements. They straight up label all of their "aftershaves" as being Aftershave/Cologne. I believe this is because they don't use the typical 10% fragrance that is used in most all aftershaves. The use a higher amount.

As I'm sure you're well aware of, there are many options to choose from with this brand. I would suggest scoping the site out and then bounce back to B&B to run some searches to see if you can find any needed information you're looking for. You can always ask questions in this thread you started or post in others.

I hope this helps.
I would toss Stirling Splashes into this mix as well.

Why not just continue with your current regimen, witch hazel and aloe (which is a great aftershave combo, in my view), and then as you get dressed add a cologne? You will get all the benefits of your face care routine, plus a scent that will be good for the entire day.

I love AS variety but yeah the scent goes away to quick I am loving many colognes or EDP/EDT etc
so just decided I am going to stick to cheap AS I like and not worry about to many just use a few and put the money into nicer long lasting EDP/EDT

the key for me is using Neutrogena Hydro Gel as its a game changer for me with my skin and I can use it with any AS (not the water based one) and use it all over my face and get amazing results like nothing else I have ever used and dries nicely with no residue :) again YMMV

the high end AS for me are no better than the cheap ones they are just different on their own :)

Tabac AS has the longest lasting scent I have ever tried. I can still smell it the next day. I agree you either love it or hate it. I love it, but my wife does not, and she is very vocal about it. Pinaud VIBR and other scents in the Pinaud range seem to linger quite a while as well.

Tabac AS has the longest lasting scent I have ever tried. I can still smell it the next day. I agree you either love it or hate it. I love it, but my wife does not, and she is very vocal about it. Pinaud VIBR and other scents in the Pinaud range seem to linger quite a while as well.
this is true!
imho, musky aftershaves have great longevity!
as well as leathers, woods, spice and tobacco aftershaves.
and, as noted, most pinauds!
(heck, even aqua velva ice blue has nice longevity with me! FWIW.)

long lasting.jpg

noxzema merkur red imp aqua velva october 20 2021.jpg

I love AS variety but yeah the scent goes away to quick I am loving many colognes or EDP/EDT etc
so just decided I am going to stick to cheap AS I like and not worry about to many just use a few and put the money into nicer long lasting EDP/EDT

the key for me is using Neutrogena Hydro Gel as its a game changer for me with my skin and I can use it with any AS (not the water based one) and use it all over my face and get amazing results like nothing else I have ever used and dries nicely with no residue :) again YMMV

the high end AS for me are no better than the cheap ones they are just different on their own :)
I'm with you in preaching the amazing benefits of using Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel. I always use alum first, post shave, then splash on some Dickinson's witch hazel. I let the witch hazel dry then put on my aftershave. Once my aftershave had dried, I rub in some Hydro Boost gel and boy am I good to go. The Hydro Boost gel is scentless and really soothes my skin. The stuff is great. It's not the cheapest stuff out there but for the results it gives, I think it's worth it. ;)

Guys don't sleep on this stuff!

I like to have my face wet with the AS and then just a dab of the Neutrogena as it helps spread it around when its damp with the AS :)
for sure not saying this is the way etc... just how I do it :) cause I hate those posts that try to correct someone else way :) hahahaahah

but yeah the stuff is great when I first got into it from the other thread then my wife tried and then my daughter so now I have to buy 3x as much when it goes on sale :) as they are using it all the time

this forum also introduced me to the cerave face wash and I was like where did my extra bottle go and OH wife is using it hahahaha
this forum has great info I never would have found !

for me its how nicely the Neutrogena absorbs and will not melt back out when you are outside working etc... cant stand that with some creams or balms and then I know its not truly absorbed :)

agree on price but I use such a tiny dab and again that wet face helps it spread even thinner :) so does last well for me

@TheBurgh

I'm not trying to be a wise-*** but I feel like you answered your own question... you need some vintage Old Spice. VERY readily available online if you don't already have some.

Alternatively you could grab Ogallala's Double Strength Bay Rum. That stuff is so strong, if you splash it on in the morning your neighbors will still smell it on their faces that evening.

What I do is to apply a cologne to my chest area. Colognes last 12 hours, and the shirt keeps it in so it only comes out in small doses.
It's trying for a balance of scent, and not knocking people out.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
I like Pashana also IMHO it's stronger than Tabac. But I think it's one of those sents that you either will love it or hate it.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
1. Why do people expect aftershaves to last all day on their skin?

2. Am I the only one who puts on a t-shirt after my shave, so when I splash on my AS I can wipe and dry my wet palms on the chest and t-shirt.

Makes any AS scent last much longer. :)

3. Many aftershave brands have matching cologne and EDT sprays. I have 200 modern and vintage aftershaves. Many of them, having matching spray cologne’s. IE, just a few I have out for the current season,

Vintage Polo Green
Vintage Grey Flannel
Vintage Shulton Old Spice
Vintage Halston Z-14
Vintage Obsession

These are just a few of the vintage 80’s powerhouses that; not only have matching AS’s, but the AS’s are quite strong in their own right.

Many of these not drugstore; but department store AS’s, don’t have any skin goodies, but I can add drops of glycerine, aloe, vitamin E and hyaluronic acid right to their bottles and have a strong smelling and good face feel along with a matching cologne and proudly chase others out of the room when I enter. :)

If you want a good lasting aftershave that the ladies will swoon over you without being overwhelming, then you need to mix up some Bootlegger’s EL Dorado. :)

A long lasting after shave even though it is quite a mainstream product is the original STR8, it has a nice smell and lasts for many hours. The smell is very strong.

Top Bottom