What's new

Long handled Black Beauty + feather = WOW

I'll preface this by saying I am a card carrying member (literally, thanks Alex) of the BOTOC and love open combs. I have had in my possession for over a year a nearly flawless, gold, long handled Black Beauty that has sat in a drawer in my office since I brought it home. I'm about to go on a massive den reduction and it went into that, hmmm pile. Do I ship it out or not. I used her last week with a feather (not one of my go to blades) on setting 6. Got a great shave, almost a bit too much though. Used her again on a 5 and HOLY COW, shaving nirvana, she's a keeper for sure. Krona is replating my Slim (first DE I ever bought, and will be my sons one day) and my Fat Boy. That should abut suit me up for adjustables. For now...
I guess the lesson learned here is that there is a place for every blade and razor.

Isn't she a beaut!

Forgot the pic :sly:
$uploadfromtaptalk1390483842167.jpg

What a beaut right enough, definitely on my wish list. If you do decide to get rid you have a customer waiting. Cheers

She's gorgeous. I have a 1976 and love it. I've not used a Feather blade but I can say that with a Gillette 7:00 Yellow my black beauty shaves like a dream.

My vote is to hang on to it!!

I've had a very similar experience with one I've owned/rotated (nickel finish) for about four months - just kinda meh about the shave.

I recently took delivery of some Gillette Silver Blues and gave those a try in the BB. I found for me that the shave on 6 was just a smidge bitey. Set on 5, one of the best I've had.

Now, the shave matches its elegantly handsome looks.

I've had a very similar experience with one I've owned/rotated (nickel finish) for about four months - just kinda meh about the shave.

I recently took delivery of some Gillette Silver Blues and gave those a try in the BB. I found for me that the shave on 6 was just a smidge bitey. Set on 5, one of the best I've had.

Now, the shave matches its elegantly handsome looks.

Thanks all. Motonut, I think elegant is an excellent description of the shave. Definitely a keeper!

I found one for sale recently and ordered it. I await its arrival next week. It's a W3 code which I think is a '76 as well like eezee's. Can't wait to try it out. I've read good things about them on this forum. Thanks for sharing your impressions.

I found one for sale recently and ordered it. I await its arrival next week. It's a W3 code which I think is a '76 as well like eezee's. Can't wait to try it out. I've read good things about them on this forum. Thanks for sharing your impressions.

Deacon, no problem. Let us know how you like it!

So deacon, how did you like the razor?

She's gorgeous. I have a 1976 and love it. I've not used a Feather blade but I can say that with a Gillette 7:00 Yellow my black beauty shaves like a dream.

My vote is to hang on to it!!

I have a 1976 as well and my go to blade is a 7:00 Yellow. On setting "6" she shaves like a dream and as far as I'm concerned shaves every bit as good if not better than my Fat Boy. Hang on to that razor. I think you'd regret it later on if you didn't.

I have a 1976 as well and my go to blade is a 7:00 Yellow. On setting "6" she shaves like a dream and as far as I'm concerned shaves every bit as good if not better than my Fat Boy. Hang on to that razor. I think you'd regret it later on if you didn't.

Oh yeah. She's a keeper! Doubt I'd find another one in that shape

Top Bottom