WTB Long handle for fatip Piccolo

I got a fatip Piccolo last week
And I really hate the length of
The handle it's way to short for
My taste. And none of my handles
Will fit the Piccolo I want one of
Longer handles with a thread size
That will fit a fatip Piccolo.

Fatip Retro has a long handle. Otherwise use a M5 top cap and choose any modern handle. I use a Yintal Bronze top cap. You could use the handle too - it's brass and 93mm. I also use the Yintal top cap on my R41 and Karve OC E plate, though not the handle. It's a handy razor for parts since it's made of brass.

Fatip+Yintal4.jpg

Fatip Retro has a long handle. Otherwise use a M5 top cap and choose any modern handle. I use a Yintal Bronze top cap. You could use the handle too - it's brass and 93mm. I also use the Yintal top cap on my R41 and Karve OC E plate, though not the handle. It's a handy razor for parts since it's made of brass.

View attachment 1002551
If I'm gonna use this razor, being the
Purest that I am, I want to use the
Complete Piccolo head. The curvature
Of the Piccolo top cap is unique and
Also smaller than usual

Complete Piccolo head. The curvature
Of the Piccolo top cap is unique and
Also smaller than usual

The Yintal is quite curvy and also thinner than usual. I find it a good match myself. No way I'm going to use those Fatip handles.

There is no way that I'm turning
This razor into a FRANKENSTEIN
Either I'm gonna get to shave with this
Piccolo head or not , it's the Piccolo
Handle that I don't like, however
Sounds like you have a problem with
Fatip handles in general. I will gladly
Use a fatip handle but it has to be
Quite a bit longer than the standard
Piccolo handle.

There is no way that I'm turning
This razor into a FRANKENSTEIN
Either I'm gonna get to shave with this
Piccolo head or not , it's the Piccolo
Handle that I don't like, however
Sounds like you have a problem with
Fatip handles in general. I will gladly
Use a fatip handle but it has to be
Quite a bit longer than the standard
Piccolo handle.
Just sock this away as it's not likely of immediate use, but there are French razors from the 30s that use the same threading as the Fatips, including Famex and one or two others. Just a bit longer than the Grande I think.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
That's the Fatip Retro then. Look it up - the handle is 98mm long. It's exactly that - a long handled Fatip.
Yes the Fatip Retro is probably what you're looking for...but i'd suggest getting it with the testina gentile (closed plate), ...that way you can play around and experiment with it using both of the Fatip open & closed plates instead of just winding up with 2 of the same open combs.

Last edited:
Just sock this away as it's not likely of immediate use, but there are French razors from the 30s that use the same threading as the Fatips, including Famex and one or two others. Just a bit longer than the Grande I think.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Hopefully something will show up.

I have the Fatip Testina Gentile razor that I virtually never use. It comes with a wider and longer handle.

I'm not interested in selling just the handle, though. So if you want it, you'd have to purchase the entire razor. The whole razor (including the handle) is a gold color. This razor sells for $35 new. I've probably only shaved with it 10 times or fewer. You can have it for $24 shipped to ConUS.

PM me if you are interested.

Complete Piccolo head.
It's the handle that makes it a Piccolo; anything else is just a Fatip. The Grande has a little longer handle but not by much. The Retro handle is about 12mm longer.

@weekly Have you checked out the handles at WCS? The 110S I got from there fits the four heads I have just fine. You wouldn't want the 110 since it's short and stubby but maybe something like the 78 or the 175. Both of those are 4" long handles. The aren't that priced too high either. Good luck!

M

Member 113878

The Fatips don’t have the regular threading most other razors use.
I don’t think the WCS handles would fit, but I can’t vouch for it.

Top Bottom