What's new

Long day

Yesterday was a very long day. We went 1 1/2 hrs picked up my father in law drove another 1 1/2 hrs to go to a chicken auction. He got us 12 baby chicks and 5 dozen fertilized eggs to hatch. Then 1 1/2 hrs to drop him home 1 1/2 hrs to our friends house. Went on a double date while another set of friends watched everybodys kids. And during our 6 total hrs and 350 miles of driving we hit a Turkey.
But yesterday's Gem Jr. Bar shave was very close and comfortable. The slim adjustable was used by my wife to clean up the back of my neck.
Hot towel and Noxzema pre shave
Stirling bay rum with two band badger with a few drops of glycerin.
Gem Jr. Bar with Pal carbon 3rd flip with a piece of credit card for a shim.
Which hazel splash and Proraso cream aftershave.
I'm glad we got my father in law out of the house he has been through a lot lately. And the kids my wife and I had a blast. This was our first animal auction.
Our date night was very enjoyable even though I was tired. Oddly enough we stopped at a Goodwill after dinner and I picked up several very nice shirts.
Inspite of the hectic day it was overall a very good day. And a great shave.

20190413_164350.jpg
20190413_214056.jpg

I'd say you had a much better day than the turkey. I hope you kept it. Roasted road kill. Yummmm.
You might want to quit killing them with your windshield though. Effective, but there are cheaper alternatives.
Nice shave, BTW.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Sounds like our day!
Drove 1 hour to my parents home, 90 minutes to a restaurant, and then reversed it.
It was my mother’s 78th birthday.
The King’s Inn was the restaurant. We had shrimp, oysters, catfish, onion rings, and an incredible avocado salad. This is the 3rd year in a row we have taken her on her birthday and we have been going there for 25 years.
All of the plates are by the pound.
Glad you enjoyed your day!!!
Some of the most hectic days are the best days.

Crickey thought mine was bad with my mobile phone falling in the toilet. Hope the car damage dont cost too much.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
A long day but a great day apart from the Turkey incident. Glad all are well and the shave was great.

I'd say you had a much better day than the turkey. I hope you kept it. Roasted road kill. Yummmm.
You might want to quit killing them with your windshield though. Effective, but there are cheaper alternatives.
Nice shave, BTW.

Actually the windshield will cost less than a 12 gauge, shells and a license. But the windshield is definitely not a preferred method. It wasn't till 15 minutes later that I thought about checking the condition of the Turkey. I didn't turn around.

That sounds like the kind of day you look back fondly on years later.

I’m glad you survived it!

Yes everyone except I'm sure the Turkey was ok. And it was definitely a memorable day.

Sounds like our day!
Drove 1 hour to my parents home, 90 minutes to a restaurant, and then reversed it.
It was my mother’s 78th birthday.
The King’s Inn was the restaurant. We had shrimp, oysters, catfish, onion rings, and an incredible avocado salad. This is the 3rd year in a row we have taken her on her birthday and we have been going there for 25 years.
All of the plates are by the pound.
Glad you enjoyed your day!!!
Some of the most hectic days are the best days.

For years our holidays where full of lots of driving between Michigan and Ohio. The time with family and the traditions make it well worth it. Sounds like you had a wonderful meal with a loving family.

Crickey thought mine was bad with my mobile phone falling in the toilet. Hope the car damage dont cost too much.

That stinks. It's one of those situations where not sure whether you even want to retrieve the item.
Luckily we have zero deductible on windshield replacement and they are coming to my house Tuesday to do the work.

A long day but a great day apart from the Turkey incident. Glad all are well and the shave was great.

Thanks it was and it was.

Top Bottom