What's new

London Bridge Blades??

I bought a razor on ebay last week and the seller included some blades. Some of the blades were "London Bridge" blades made by wilkinson sword. Has anyone heard of these or tried them? These are older blades, although I'm not sure how old they are.

Never heard of them. A quick search brought up a couple pictures, but no specific information.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Yeah, I saw those, but actually the ones I have are different. I'll try and post a picture tomorrow. They're in a plastic box(so they can't be *that* old) with a orange label, and the wrapper is the same only it has orange bridges..

While looking for a tool in my wife's heirloom sewing box, I found one of these blades. I binned it, because the kiddies sometimes play with that kit, and I wouldn't like them to play with a razor blade.

Based on family history, I would guess it was bought in Canada in the seventies.

$IMG_00001802.jpg

Plastic box, orange label, I believe they are the last incarnation of the famous Wilkinson Light Brigades. They are excellent regardless.

I bought a tuck of London Bridge blades at an Ayala Mall here in The Philippines a few months ago. Good blades by Gillette China, man!

I did some reasearch on the orange ones...after chatting with folks and reading about them, I think that they are likely quite outstanding/special.

I went on a vintage blade buying tear, and acquired what I think will be enough for the next four decades. At any rate, in my stash there are 103 of the Orange “Made in England” London Bridge blades, so I hope they are outstanding! I need to try them before too long!

Vr

Matt

Thank you, sir. Gillette (P&G) owns the Wilkinson Sword name outside the USA & Europe so it appears they dredged up this old name that Wilkinson Sword used to make years ago in England to sell in Asia. Interesting.

I assume you are in the Philippines. Ironically, just yesterday I was talking to a Filipino buddy here in the USA about having one of his family members over there snagging some blades for me, but he said shipping to the USA from there is very, very expensive.

Top Bottom