What's new

London and Paris items to pick up?

I've got a upcoming trip to London and Paris.

At this point, are there anything left in either location that I would not be able to find online?

One thing I'm considering going out of my way to find is a bottle of eau d'emeraude from the abbey store in Paris.

If I visit any of the 3 T's (Trumpers, Truefitt, ToBS) or D.R. Harris in London, is there anything unique to the store to pick up?

Two suggestions:

1. In London you might consider getting a shave and a haircut in one of the 3 T’s.
2. In Paris be sure to check out the Plisson brushes, expensive but high quality IMO.

Mostly, HAVE FUN!!

I enjoy visiting the shops in London and Paris with lots of shaving gear, but, from all I have read on B&B and elsewhere, almost all of it is readily available in the US (and from online vendors in the EU at much lower prices). I go to them primarily to look around, enjoy the atmosphere and possibly chat with those members of staff who actually know their stuff.
However, there are a few items here in the UK and France which might not be so easy to find over the pond. I particularly like the shaving creams, balms and colognes from a firm called Arran, which used to be Arran Aromatics. I'd avoid their shaving soap, which I think a poor performer, but the rest of their range is very good, and can be found in a few retail outlets.
Also, Boots and Superdrug, two pharmacy chains, do their own aftershaves which I think are pretty good, and very cheap indeed. In France, AV in proper glass bottles is worth picking up. There are probably a few other products like these, but not that many.

I cannot speak to France, but London has so many shaving meccas!
Just to visit, if not for purchases.
Indeed, most everything can be found online.
But, that's not the point...nowhere else can you find the display and support for so many quality wet shave products!
Don't forget other London stops...Penhaligon's; Floris; DR Harris; Fortnum & Mason; Czech & Speake; others!
Have a great trip!

London : Treat yourself to a hot lather shave at Jack The Clipper at Shepherd's market in Mayfair. Ask for Ebo, best barber in London in my opinion and I've tried a lot.

Top Bottom