What's new

Loma Wax Company

Hey I came across Loma Wax on KS. It's fully funded, and the guy even has it in stores in parts of the US.

I was wondering if anyone has tried it? As my handlebar gets longer, I'm starting to need something with a stronger hold than Doc Elliot, and thought this might be looking into.

http://www.lomawaxcompany.com/shop/

Any thoughts?

It amazes me how many waxes are out there (and more it seems appearing all the time). As for this one, I've not heard of it before, but the list of ingredients looks solid, and the scent components have me interested for sure.

I just ordered his Strong Hold Mustache wax.. If his mustache is any indication of quality, I'm all set. My 'stache is just out of control
$Profile-Picture-769x1024.jpg

If I get some, it will greatly annoy SWMBO. She's suffered mostly silently as I grew out my handlebars this year. I've thought about taking it off (and starting over to try something different) when I ran out of wax this go-round.

I might just keep it.

Part of my problem is I am scared to trim it at all. I'm not comfortable with scissors, and I can't seem to find a barber in the area who really knows how to deal with staches.

I might just have to get some, and keep it going long and strong....

He hails from my old neighborhood and besides which, I like to support the small businesses like Stirling, Maggards, TryABlade and now Loma Wax. Too many people put their hopes and hearts into a business and give it their all and then lose it all due to circumstances beyond their control.
I tried to order from Foad Wax in England but it seems I was too late as he was forced to close the business.

Very old thread revival.
I've been using Loma Strong Hold Wax since the arrival of my order back in Dec 15 Jan 16.
Great Stuff.
Although I use it daily, I'm nowhere near the bottom of the tin.
However, I just ordered another 2 tins so as to always have a spare and to have one at work.
Nice scent and good hold of the 'stache handlebars.

Very old thread revival.
I've been using Loma Strong Hold Wax since the arrival of my order back in Dec 15 Jan 16.
Great Stuff.
Although I use it daily, I'm nowhere near the bottom of the tin.
However, I just ordered another 2 tins so as to always have a spare and to have one at work.
Nice scent and good hold of the 'stache handlebars.
Nice! Always great to hear a follow up after you've been using something long enough that you know it's good enough restock. I've never heard of it, but I'm more of a beard oil/balm guy myself.

Thanks.
I'd completely forgotten about this thread and my post but I was wandering through the forum looking for information on how to clean the mustache wax out of my Zeus brush and comb and came across it.
BTW, is there a thread about cleaning the wax-filled grooming tools?

Thanks.
I'd completely forgotten about this thread and my post but I was wandering through the forum looking for information on how to clean the mustache wax out of my Zeus brush and comb and came across it.
BTW, is there a thread about cleaning the wax-filled grooming tools?
I can't recall ever seeing a thread on that, maybe it's time to start one. The mustache wax of the day thread is pretty active, so there has to be some guys around who have the answer for you.

I am in the process of looking for a new wax to try. Might give this one a try.

As for cleaning wax from a comb, I will normally just use a business card and remove it from each set of teeth. I have also used paper folder in quarters and on occasion, tried using one of those disposable floss picks.

Top Bottom