What's new

locksmith ripoff

my girlfriend locked her only set of keys in the car, and was forced to call a locksmith to open it. over the phone they said "it would be at least $65 to open," and after they unlocked it charged her $200.

what is the best way to set their business on fire?

robofunk said:
my girlfriend locked her only set of keys in the car, and was forced to call a locksmith to open it. over the phone they said "it would be at least $65 to open," and after they unlocked it charged her $200.

what is the best way to set their business on fire?
Go to BBB and the city or town's consumer affairs advocate. Then try the DA.:shocked:

I've had to "slim jim" my way into a lot of cars over the years (don't forget, I'm in the car business), but never a Saturn. The best approach would have been to have an agreement in advance. The locksmith knew what he was getting into before the phone conversation was over and knew what the charge should be. I would still call or go by and visit with them over this.

Randy

One way to go might be calling some of your local TV news agencies. A lot of them often have a consumer advocate of some sort ("I'm Dirk Iron with the channel 5 news team, and I'm looking out for you!"). This seems like the kind of thing they like to take on, and a lot of businesses change their tune mighty quick when they think their scam is going to be revealed to the world.

-Nick

thanks for the advice guys! yes, what they did wasn't right. if i was asked to pay that much for the job i would have had some choice words for the guy.

hopefully we'll have it straightened out soon!

rtaylor61 said:
I've had to "slim jim" my way into a lot of cars over the years (don't forget, I'm in the car business), but never a Saturn. The best approach would have been to have an agreement in advance. The locksmith knew what he was getting into before the phone conversation was over and knew what the charge should be. I would still call or go by and visit with them over this.

Randy

Randy can not take a "slim jim" off the lot in his state.....legal reasons...you know...

mark tssb

i don't see how this will let you in your car...

proxy.php

Top Bottom