What's new

L'Occitane Cade Soap

Does anyone have experience with L'Occitane Cade Shaving Soap? I've seen in a shop couple of times and it is not too expensive but due to a already big collection of soaps in rotation I've not given my self a permission to buy it :-/. Unless it happens that it is highly recommended and much loved soap in here I think I have to keep passing by it. Any experience you have?

Lähetetty minun YAL-L41 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

The soap is great quality, but requires a little more work to lather than other soaps, but once you get it the quality is great, soap is not too expensive but the container they sell is, but it may be worth it for travel as it is a stainless steel one.

My experience was HORRIBLE!

Foamy dissapating lather that burned my face with fragrance.

0/10 would not recommend
Funny... Good example of YMMV. I love it! I thought it's easy to lather, will last forever, and there isn't any accent. I bought it used so maybe it's older and the scent had dissipated but I really like this soap.

Sent from my Vivo 8 using Tapatalk

It’s a good performing shaving soap and one of the all time great scents. I will always have a puck of this in my den.

I haven't used it in a while but the last puck I used was really good. Better than PdP IMO if you're comparing to other French soaps. It's not better than lots of current artisan soaps but the price is pretty good, it performs well, and it has a nice scent.

I ended up selling mine, not because it is not a good soap (it is), but there are plenty of better soaps and mine wasn't getting any use. Decent performance and the scent was very good, I paired it with the matching balm.

I like it quite well.

I used it for the first 2 weeks of February. I would add a bit of water to the puck while I showered. I would load the brush and build the lather in a bowl. Lots of lather that worked well for 3 passes. In fact I had to reduce the amount of time I swirled the brush on the puck before moving to the bowl because in 20 seconds I was loading too much soap and had more lather than I needed. I was disappointed when I moved to another soap after 2 weeks.

One of my favourite soaps. Has a great scent and I found the lather to be excellent. I’ve gone through two pucks through the years and this time I decided to try out the cream in a tube. It’s just as awesome.

I wasn't too impressed, but back then I didn't have much experience with soaps. I'd like to know if there are other soaps which fit into the beautiful container that I still own.

I liked it at first and used it about 40 times in 2014-15. At some point it began irritating my face and I finished it off in the shower. As I got closer to 70, soaps and scents that I once used and liked began to irritate my mild rosacea and I had to cull the herd.

Interesting to see that this is pretty much a like or hate thing. Usually it is one or the other that dominates. Never seen before this kind of 50-50 case. What coould be the reason? Hardness of the water, experience with soaps, experience in overall with different soaps or creams, skin type difference, difficulty level of the soap to lather...

I think the Cade soap is great and it's always in my rotation. Even with my very sensitive skin which hates most fragrances, I get a smooth and comfortable shave.

I learned that the key to using the soap is to load really heavy, and don't be hesitant to add water when lathering. Too little product and you get a sudsy, useless mess. Don't be afraid to dig hard into the soap, it's at least triple milled, and lasts forever.

My first L’Occitane Cade product was the after shave balm, which I think is fantastic.....one of my favorite shaving “software” products that I’ve owned. Great scent and terrific performance. Naturally, I bought the soap to see if it stacks up to the ASB and I must say, I’ve been a little underwhelmed. The performance is OK - not bad but nothing to get too excited about - but the scent is non-existent for me. I can barely detect it at all, and even then, only when I have it fully lathered on my face. I love the scent of the Cade balm, but I seem to be nose blind to the Cade soap. Very strange. I do like the metal container it comes in, though. It looks very classy sitting on my bathroom vanity.

Interesting to see that this is pretty much a like or hate thing. Usually it is one or the other that dominates. Never seen before this kind of 50-50 case. What coould be the reason? Hardness of the water, experience with soaps, experience in overall with different soaps or creams, skin type difference, difficulty level of the soap to lather...

If we look deep enough into the forum, most if not all soaps and creams are YMMV.

With many long term soap brands, including this one, there have also been reformulations over the years, some better some worse.

I like it enough that it is in my regular rotation. I find lathering it easier with a boar brush and the scent very faint. The container is over priced even if it is thick aluminum. I was shocked that the container was $30 and did not come with even a sample sized puck. I bought it anyway, but that rubs me wrong!

Top Bottom