What's new

L'Occitane Cade shaving soap

They still sell it on their US website and its showing in stock at the local stores near Frostbite Falls. Have they just cut out European distribution?

My wife bought a tube for me last month.
I just tried it today.
Real nice lather, but the smell is a little industrial.

They still sell it on their US website and its showing in stock at the local stores near Frostbite Falls. Have they just cut out European distribution?

That's a good question. When I'm in the store tomorrow I'll see if they have any information but I'm not too hopeful that store front staff would be the most knowledgeable about product life cycle.

I just picked up a couple pucks at my local store and they had plenty left. The girl working there hadn't heard anything about it being discontinued in Canada so I'm wondering if it's still going to be available in the US and Canadian markets.

I sure hope they don't discontinue it in the near future. Maybe they are pulling a Williams and generating sales by setting that it is going away! :tongue_sm

If my local store still has some in April, I think I may grab a pick or two, just in case.

Can't imagine a French company discontinuing their products in their own country and leaving the US & Canada?

Wouldn't surprise me too much. Business lines go where the profit is and if they aren't doing well in a certain region but are in another it probably wouldn't matter where it is. I imagine they will probably replace it with another scent but it will be the same soap. This is just speculation though.

Was just in a store today in Ireland, the staff were positive it's not being discontinued, it far outsells all the other men's lines combined.

They did mention they maintain supplies of 'discontinued' products in the stores, but they're only available on request and aren't on display. They showed me a few drawers of soaps and scents outside the group they currently promote. But they did stress there was no chance Cade would be gone, to the point of discouraging me from a big purchase until I got my L'Occitan customer number to save somewhere between 10% and 20%.

And, as I always do when I'm given the chance, I covered myself in L'Eau de Occitane Por Homme.

Last edited:
Good to know that they will, hopefully for the time being, be keeping the soap around. I have been pretty impressed with it so far and with as hard as the puck is, even though the soap is $12 a puck, it is going to last a long, long time.

Popped into my local store at the weekend and they said its being discontinued and when they found out they ordered lots of stock as its one of there best sellers. Who knows what's happening.

Seems like we see this a lot. :001_unsur

After my very positive experience with the Plisson pour L'Occitane Cade shaving brush I purchased a puck of the L'Occitane Cade shaving soap together with the metal soap bowl that they offer. The bowl and its lid are made from brushed aluminium and are of very high quality, so the soap in the bowl is not just halfway presentable, it is a real looker on the bathroom shelf. :thumbup1:

The soap itself is snow white; the scent is very clean and has a distinctive whiff of juniper, which is little wonder since "cade" means "juniper" in French. :001_smile The Cade soap comes on a lot less obtrusive than Tabac. Lathering the L'Occitane soap requires less water than Tabac or other tallow-based soaps and yet a little soap goes a long way and provides a rich, skin-soothing lather. Had anyone told me before that I was ever going to reckon another shaving soap to be at least on par with my beloved Tabac soap, I would have ruled that out. Well, not any more, gentlemen.

proxy.php

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Another smooth and soothing shave with Cade today. The Juniper seems to go very well in the late summer.

Another smooth and soothing shave with Cade today. The Juniper seems to go very well in the late summer.

I think it's a great blend of sweet woods. It's certainly not pure Cade but it's so amazing. I remember walking by a construction site last year in the heat and the pine lumber had a similar sweet smell and it made me think of Cade.

Top Bottom