What's new

L'Occitane Cade shaving soap

I think my local mall has a L'Occitane store. I will have to seek this out!

Just based my first shave, the scent, and positive reactions from my family.. You definitely should treat yourself to the Cade shave soap. if I happen to pick up a 2nd puck, I was thinking to do a PIF of it or a CONUS soap pass-around :thumbup:

I've always wondered about this soap. Sounds like a great option at a reasonable price.

Honestly the price is very reasonable! Better to pick up a Puck of the Cade shave soap from L'Occitane for $12 which works great and smells amazing, instead of going to AOS and getting a puck for $28 which will perform just about the same or maybe little less great and wont even smell as good..

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Wow a year? whats your rotation period?

I am a seasonal soap guy. I will rotate Tabac, La Toja and Sterling Coniferous in the winter and Proraso, Arko and La Toja in the summer. The spring and fall months, are just 2 soaps instead of 3. Cade & La Toja. Summer & Winter are 8 months of the year.

So for 4 months of the year in the fall and spring, I will use L'Occitane Cade every other day. I have used it 2 different fall/spring seasons and doesn't seem like I have made much of a dent in the puck.

I admit that I had never heard of L'Occitane until all the buzz regarding their excellent synthetic shaving brush. I actually ordered the brush online and paid shipping before I figured out that there is an outlet in my local mall. :blush:

They sent some samples with the brush and I immediately fell in love with the Cade scent, necessitating a visit to the aforementioned mall shop, where I was pleasantly surprised to find the soap refill for a mere $12.

I usually favor tallow soaps for their superior glide and slickness, but this one can hold its own with the best tallow soaps. It lathers up thick and rich, with excellent cushion and glide. Add that outstanding Cade scent, and I definitely think we have a winner here.

The balm is also very good, although I prefer splashes. Too bad that they don't offer one.

It's odd that the soap and brush are (relatively) reasonably priced, especially when compared to the pricing on the other products.

--Bob

I admit that I had never heard of L'Occitane until all the buzz regarding their excellent synthetic shaving brush. I actually ordered the brush online and paid shipping before I figured out that there is an outlet in my local mall. :blush:

They sent some samples with the brush and I immediately fell in love with the Cade scent, necessitating a visit to the aforementioned mall shop, where I was pleasantly surprised to find the soap refill for a mere $12.

I usually favor tallow soaps for their superior glide and slickness, but this one can hold its own with the best tallow soaps. It lathers up thick and rich, with excellent cushion and glide. Add that outstanding Cade scent, and I definitely think we have a winner here.

The balm is also very good, although I prefer splashes. Too bad that they don't offer one.

It's odd that the soap and brush are (relatively) reasonably priced, especially when compared to the pricing on the other products.

--Bob

Thats exactly what my brother had done. He heard of the brush and then discovered the cade soap. He loved it so much he waited so he can purchase some for him and myself for the holidays. When it comes to pricing, they are very reasonable especially considering their usually in malls where most products good or bad tend to be heightened in price

I am a seasonal soap guy. I will rotate Tabac, La Toja and Sterling Coniferous in the winter and Proraso, Arko and La Toja in the summer. The spring and fall months, are just 2 soaps instead of 3. Cade & La Toja. Summer & Winter are 8 months of the year.

So for 4 months of the year in the fall and spring, I will use L'Occitane Cade every other day. I have used it 2 different fall/spring seasons and doesn't seem like I have made much of a dent in the puck.

I honestly only have 3 soaps in my rotation, TOBS sandalwood, STirling well dressed man, and AOS unscented for when I feel like my face has taken too much of a beating during the week. Can't wait to have more so I can have a better rotation.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
You should try La Toja. The soap is of the same vegetable base and the consistency of the soap and lather are very comparable. La Toja is my #1 go to soap. Cade is my second.If you like the scent & performance of cade, you might just like La Toja as much.

Love Cade soap's Christmas scent. Along with their synthetic brush and ASB it would be the greatest Christmas gift!
Too bad, that they do not make after shave splashes

Cade SC will come up in my rotation in February (January is MWF and this month is Tabac). I'm really looking forward to it as it's one of my top 3 soaps. I might have to cheat my system and use it a few times in the near future.

I've kinda fallen away from this soap, and I don't know why. I think I'll be using it for my Christmas Day shave.

Thanks!

Cade has been in my rotation for the last 4 years. It stands with the best of the French soaps.

Top Bottom