What's new

L'Occitane Cade Shaving Soap/Aluminium Dish Discontinued

Being a bit of a fan of CADE, I'm sad that they have discontinued it.
Even if you don't like the soap (I love it), you have to admit that the bowl is beautiful. I know there are still some available in the states, and I would suggest picking up one of these classics before it's all over.

Here's an email from them regarding the UK website.

Thank you for contacting L'Occitane.

We can confirm that the Cade Shaving Bowl and Cade Shaving Soap Refill are being discontinued and are now sold out on our website. We are sorry for any disappointment this may cause you.

We still have some availability in some of our boutiques but these will only be available until stocks last. If you would like to purchase one of the few remaining, please call our customer service team on 0800 368 9000, Monday to Friday - 9.00 am to 5.30pm.

Yours sincerely,

Sarah
Customer Service Representative

proxy.php

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
The next question is: are they discontinuing it world-wide or just in the UK? IIRC there was a similar thread,about Williams soap and it turns out they were discontinuing distribution in India.

Cheers, Steve

Legion

Staff member
BTW, this has happened in the past. This soap was discontinued, and then came back. The puck I still have is a result of panic hoarding.

I'm going to stop in the shop and pick up another couple of pucks. God knows I have more than enough soap, but I love the scent.

I think this is the 4th time they've said Cade was being discontinued so maybe it's another false alarm. There is still plenty in Canada it seems.

I've seen them say this was going to be discontinued a few times. Luckily, I have never seen it actually happen. That soap has been in constant rotation for me for years now. It's a great soap and I love the smell. I have a "few" pucks squirrelled away even after PIFing a few away over the years. I also know that my bowl has picked up a few "character marks" in my travels over the year. Maybe I should at least take this as a sign to pick up a new bowl.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Just an update for the thread, i am in Avignon, France today and yesterday I asked the stall at the local l'Occitane Provence store if the soap/bowl was discintinued since they had 3 bowls and a soap/bowl kit on the shelf.

They said it was still being produced and maybe the problem was one of disteibution in a particular country.

Maybe not much help, but they should know. They also said the soap was produced nearby in Manosque.

Cheers, Steve

Just an update for the thread, i am in Avignon, France today and yesterday I asked the stall at the local l'Occitane Provence store if the soap/bowl was discintinued since they had 3 bowls and a soap/bowl kit on the shelf.

They said it was still being produced and maybe the problem was one of disteibution in a particular country.

Maybe not much help, but they should know. They also said the soap was produced nearby in Manosque.

Cheers, Steve

Thanks for the update.

Top Bottom