What's new

L'occitaine vetyver

Was at the local l'occitaine store today --my wife needed something and I've been wanting to try Cade shave soap. Then I tried the vetiver edt--woah! That is a great scent. Couldn't leave without buying some. Later I sprayed a little on the empty box before I threw it out--everyone in my house loved it. My 13 year old son, who usually wrinkles his nose or at least raises his eyebrows at most scents, really liked it. I'm a little worried that one of these days it will migrate from my bathroom to his.

It is one of my favorites. Their Vetyver wood bath soap smells just like the EDT. If you like the EDT you'll love the soap.

Now if they only made a shave soap with their Vetyver scent...

Just purchased a new bottle of this yesterday. It is pretty much my everyday scent year round. After going through as many "vetiver" scents as I could, I always came back to this one. For me, perfect projection and longevity. Not too strong, not too subtle.

I was tempted to switch to Eau des Baux when I was there, but returned to the Vet. I may try to trade for some EDB because it grabbed me while I was there but not enough to make me change my go to.

L'Occitane Vetyver is one of my favorite vetivers. My wifemate wears it occasionally as well. Great selection on your part. Enjoy.

Just purchased a new bottle of this yesterday. It is pretty much my everyday scent year round. After going through as many "vetiver" scents as I could, I always came back to this one. For me, perfect projection and longevity. Not too strong, not too subtle.

I was tempted to switch to Eau des Baux when I was there, but returned to the Vet. I may try to trade for some EDB because it grabbed me while I was there but not enough to make me change my go to.

I have both. On me, the Vetyver lasts all day. EdB, about three hours. YMMV

Vetyver lasts all day on me as well. Like the OP, I first encountered this scent while shopping with SWMBO. I tested it, then went about shopping for another few hours. At the end of our mall trip, it still smelled great and SWMBO declared it one of her favorite man-scents. I'm about ready to buy my second bottle.

Has there been any word of discontinuation in the US?

Vetyver is no longer available from L'Occitane stores here in Oz; of the mens range we can only get EdB, L'Occitan EDT and the awful Verdon.

I hope Vetyver (the best in their current range) doesn't go the way of the 4 Thieves.....

Top Bottom