What's new

Location, location, location

Aft'noon all! Right you are then, here goes my QOTD:

I'm on board the Fragrance Train and also likely to be an enthusiatic purveyor of the B&B Decant Club (bloody marvellous ideas, both of 'em).:biggrin:

Now that I'm starting to get a nose for what I like and don't like (thanks for pointer to Basenotes whoever that was), especially having just received the Fragrance Train chez moi, where do fine upstanding gents such as yourselves purchase the likes of these scents?

I am of course talking about the T&H, Penhaligons, L'Occitane, Floris, etc.etc. kind of colognes. These are not exactly the kind of scents one can lay hands on by walking in to your local department store.

So come on, give it up! What websites are good for this stuff? Are you mainly buying directly from manufacturers or are there good resellers online that do the more 'exotic and if truth be known, more classy' scents than the bog standard department store fare?

I've purchased T&H products from Nordstrom's and have a L'Occitane store nearby. I am curious to here where some of our other members have found good deals.

The key is patience..... ebay, sales, for sale/trade forums are ALWAYS the best place to pick them up. I can't tell you how many killer deals I've gotten over the years on colognes in the for sale/trade forum. With sales - the floris 50% off sale is also another superb time to buy, and other firms often have deals like this as well.

Honestly though.... I'd say the decant club is the best place. You don't have to shell out very much $, you get to try new stuff every month, and as you accumulate more and more, after a year or so, you have so much cologne - you don't know what the heck to do with it... but the good thing is - you don't have massive bottles of it! I've got many huge bottles of cologne I love - that i'll probably still have in 30 years, simply because I have so much (quantity) wise.

I agree that the Decant Club is the best deal on the internet. It gives everyone a chance to try colognes that are expensive and you can buy with confidence on this forum.

joel said:
Honestly though.... I'd say the decant club is the best place. You don't have to shell out very much $, you get to try new stuff every month, and as you accumulate more and more, after a year or so, you have so much cologne - you don't know what the heck to do with it... but the good thing is - you don't have massive bottles of it! I've got many huge bottles of cologne I love - that i'll probably still have in 30 years, simply because I have so much (quantity) wise.

Oh, I couldn't agree more my friends, the Decant Club is probably the BEST new idea I have seen on a forum since I started using the internet. Kudos where it's due.:thumbup1:

I was merely wondering if there were any specific retailers people used on that offchance you happen to stumble across your killer fragrance and decide buying a bottle (to last 30 years) is a must.

Completely agree with all of the above tho', the Sale/Trade forums and eBay are a great source also.:biggrin:

I'll agree with Joel that I have got more stuff off the forums and eBay than anywhere else. Floris has great sales a couple of times a year, and Ashford is always great. The Gentleman's shop also has a great selection and prices on the various English offerings.