What's new

Local Source for Neatsfoot

Do you have a local tractor supply, they carry it in their online store so they should have it in their local stores. (i've found that to be true about other items from TSC)

TSC Neatsfoot Oil

I live in the boonies as well but i do have a TSC about 45 miles away, so I know what it's like to wonder where to buy stuff and not pay shipping.

Try a shoe store, or that section in a supermarket or drugstore where they sell shoe polish.

Last edited:
I was looking up info on saddle soap the other day because I was thinking of making some for my brother for christmas since they have quite a few horses. So what about looking at saddle soaps. Since neatsfoot is often an ingredient in it and some even use the saddle soap on stropes. (that subject came up when I was googling it) And on page I was reading up on said I think walmart carried saddle soap with the shoe stuff, so other places that carry shoe supplies might also carry saddle soap since it's also used on leather shoes. It's worth looking into and reading the ingredient labels on. Just another thought.......

I was looking up info on saddle soap the other day because I was thinking of making some for my brother for christmas since they have quite a few horses. So what about looking at saddle soaps. Since neatsfoot is often an ingredient in it and some even use the saddle soap on stropes. (that subject came up when I was googling it) And on page I was reading up on said I think walmart carried saddle soap with the shoe stuff, so other places that carry shoe supplies might also carry saddle soap since it's also used on leather shoes. It's worth looking into and reading the ingredient labels on. Just another thought.......
I need the oil specifically but I'll try Walmart. There's one 5 minutes from me so it's a short trip. Thanks.

That would probably work depending on what what Telly is doing. Speaking of which are we just oiling a strop or are we trying to resuscitate one from near death? :biggrin:

That would probably work depending on what what Telly is doing. Speaking of which are we just oiling a strop or are we trying to resuscitate one from near death? :biggrin:
The strops are in good condition. I'm going to sand them down a little then I'll condition them with the oil. They'll be as good as new. :cool:

Top Bottom