What's new

Loading brush with cream from a tube

This morning I chose the Proraso Green cream for my shave. Usually I squeeze out a tiny bit onto my wet hands and massage it into the cheeks and throat, and that works well. But squeezing out the same bit onto my wet synthetic brush, well, it may or may not work. Today the bit fell off the brush into my shave water. Not much loss, but it's annoying to have to do it twice. How do you apply your tube creams like Proraso or Palmolive onto your brush? Should I squeeze the bit out into my scuttle and load the brush from there, then face-lather?

This morning I chose the Proraso Green cream for my shave. Usually I squeeze out a tiny bit onto my wet hands and massage it into the cheeks and throat, and that works well. But squeezing out the same bit onto my wet synthetic brush, well, it may or may not work. Today the bit fell off the brush into my shave water. Not much loss, but it's annoying to have to do it twice. How do you apply your tube creams like Proraso or Palmolive onto your brush? Should I squeeze the bit out into my scuttle and load the brush from there, then face-lather?
I never tried that. Buy for a first try I would put some in the palm of one hand and work the wet brush into this.

I just squeeze the tube directly onto the brush. I use about 1" of cream and face lather.

I've only tried this with synthetics though. At the moment I'm using propaso blue, but I've done this with Spiek and palmolive too.

I just shoot an almond sized piece onto my finger. I then smear it in a few spots on my face and try to wipe it all off. Face lathering follows unless I'm bowl lathering of course. That's the quickest and least messy way.
I have seen this done by Italian barbers.

If I am using a bowl:

Just put the cream on the bottom of the bowl and lather there...

If I am face lathering:

Put the cream on the tips of the wet brush, smear it with my fingers, spread what´s left on my fingers on my face massaging the beard stubble then proceed to lather with the brush...

Cheers

Squeeze a high into a bowl as I find face lathering tricky with tubes. However, I squeeze the whole tube into an empty soap or cream container. Much easier.

Count me amongst those who, if face lathering with a tube of cream, rub it on the areas to be shaved with my hand. For a cream in a jar or container, like Art of Shaving, I dip the tips of the brush into the cream and then go to the face with it.

A small squirt into a mug or brush scuttle. A few light swirls, just enough to pick up cream into the brush, then face lather.

You can also squirt directly on brush if you aren't using a mug or travelling.

I feel your pain.
I go straight to brush, then to face. BUT I have learned to CAREFULLY mix cream into the brush and onto face/neck before I take my brush off of my face. This prevents the cream from dropping down. I start with my neck and move around till I am satisfied.

I squeeze it onto the top of the brush like it's toothpaste and face lather. Amount is usually 2/3 the length of my little finger.

:D

Wet the brush
Knock it out
Shove the Proraso tube into the brush
Squeeze an almond sized amount into the middle of the brush, halfway down the fibers
Proceed as usual

Top Bottom