What's new

Loading an Injector

Greetings Photo fans! By request of the gageMeister, I have put together a group of still shots showing how to load your injector.
So, first let us start with the blade magazine.

full

It has four parts:
  1. The Key (extreme left of picture)
  2. The Slider (extreme right marked "push" and "pull")
  3. The Blade Magazine (where the new blade(s) can be seen)
  4. Used Blade Container (on the bottom out of view)

Next we have the razor. This view shows the slot where the blade magazine key is inserted. (And some soap scum too!)
full

In this next photo you will see the magazine key partially inserted into the razor's slot. On this antique Schick there are even instructions. I suggest holding the razor in your left hand and the magazine in your right. Use adequate caution to avoid cutting yourself on the blade that may already be in the razor!! Part of loading a new blade is ejecting the old blade.

full

After fully inserting the key, pull the slider all of the way back to the right so that it will be able to push the new blade into the razor.

full

Now slowly, yet firmly, push the slider so that the blade enters the razor. This will also begin to push out the old blade. Use adequate caution to avoid cutting yourself on the old blade or having your fingers slip off the slider and cutting yourself!

full

Last but not least, your efforts are rewarded by a shave-ready injector!!

full

The old blade can be placed into the slot on the bottom of the magazine for eventual disposal when you have used all of the blades in the magazine.

A couple of notes:
1. Some magazines do not align properly with the razor. You will note this condition when the new blade will not enter the razor. A bit of careful twisting will overcome this issue.
2. Some magazines do not have a blade tomb.

Got it Sean?:001_rolle

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you. I do have a question, though.
I have a HydroMagic and Schick injector blades(new). The key will only insert into the razor if the lever is opened. Is that the proper way to insert the key and install a new blade, by opening the lever and loosening the "baseplate"?

Thank you. I do have a question, though.
I have a HydroMagic and Schick injector blades(new). The key will only insert into the razor if the lever is opened. Is that the proper way to insert the key and install a new blade, by opening the lever and loosening the "baseplate"?

You should be able to insert the injector key into a Hydro-Magic razor without opening it. It will take a little force, but still...

- Chris

thanks, guys...

one loaded sorry-*** injector ready to go here.

Not tomorrow, though.

Sunday, maybe.

(Jeeze, I was just going to get out the Ever-Ready/GEMs again.... Now this!)

Top Bottom