What's new

Lmarkow's Chicken Diary

I should have been more clear. Alt-Innsbruck and English Fern do not play nice together. I love both separately.

I made a much better choice today, fyi, Clubman Musk followed by Shay & Blue Blacks Leather Club. I smell like an English Gentlemen's Club.

I am weak.
omega-speedmaster-chronograph-men_s-watch-311.33.42.30.01.001.jpg

Shaves have been great, and I haven't had much to say, so I haven't. But today I touched up the kami for the first time. I had to first research the correct ratio, which really doesn't exist. I started 10:3, but ran out of water to hone on too quickly, so I switched to 3:1. This seemed to work fine, but I won't know until tomorrow.

No new razors, watches, or shoes to report. But I did pick up a Breville Infuser espresso machine. The credit card point reward site had them, so I figured, "why not?" I've made a couple really good espressos recently. Easy machine to use.

Stay cool, if you're in this heat.

Definitely stay out of the heat as much as you can, it's pretty horrid out there.
I had the dogs at the dog park early, but then it got to be too hot to be anywhere that didn't involve water, so I took them to the lake for a bit. By about 10:30 it was no longer fun being out there.

Hope all is well with you and yours.

I'm happy to read your post Larry. I thought you had a dog, I didn't know you had more than that. I'd love to have a dog, and so would my son. Unfortunately I'm spread too thin already. Even so one day....

Like you I don't buy much shaving related goods these days, except for the occasional scent just for the fun of it. Like a dog I have a lifelong obsession with scents. I can recall the scent of every person that's ever been dear to me and how their home smelled. The list of scents are growing as is the list of those that no longer are among us. Anyhow I just bought Barrister&Mann Fougere Gothique going that the scent would be the scent of wet dirt and decaying leaves in a forest after rain. It wasn't. It's a very deep and complex fougere scent with traces of an in it. Good and interesting.

Too had about the heat. I hope it'll get better soon.

I had planned to grab a few of the Crabtree and Evelyn colognes, but they seem to have closed the local store in the mall, and stopped making/selling most of their men's line at this point online. Guess I missed out on a those couple I wanted and didn't grab. lol Also means no restocking of the few I really liked and do have some of. So I can totally get the scent based reasons for any purchases at this point. :)

A couple of years ago C&E reformulated my "signature scent" Sandalwood into a scent for young people. Not bad but not my scent, so I bought the few bottles of EdC I could get before it was gone. I've still got one and a half bottle left, but after that I'll have to go over to Trumpers' Sandalwood EdC.

Oh by the way the reformulation of the C&E Sandalwood was renamed Indian Sandalwood. That scent is now discontinued. I guess that C&E's plan is to stop making products for men.

Hi Arne. I have 3 dogs; two boxers and a lab. I ran with the young, brindle boxer early this morning. He really enjoys it; I am pleased to just tough it out . . . .

The heel of the kami does not look right in the light, but the edge I just used was just fine. In fact, the little razor shaved me about as closely as any I own.

I pulled another espresso shot just before. I'm using one of the local roaster's beans. Again, another superior cup of coffee. The machine has a pressure gage, so I know whether or not I've used enough properly ground coffee, and if I've properly tamped it.
proxy.php

Very nice espresso maker there! One of these days I may step up my game to that sort of machine. This summer I've been all about the home done cold brew and iced coffee.

A couple of years ago C&E reformulated my "signature scent" Sandalwood into a scent for young people. Not bad but not my scent, so I bought the few bottles of EdC I could get before it was gone. I've still got one and a half bottle left, but after that I'll have to go over to Trumpers' Sandalwood EdC.

Oh by the way the reformulation of the C&E Sandalwood was renamed Indian Sandalwood. That scent is now discontinued. I guess that C&E's plan is to stop making products for men.
I didn't mind the Indian Sandalwood, but for the Summer I really liked the West Indian Limes scent.

Thanks. That's the other nice thing about using this vs. my usual pour-over: The kitchen doesn't heat up, and I get all of the caffeine without all of the hot water.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I love a good espresso (or as SWMBO says "expresso" LOL) but I need the water to avoid a recurrence of kidney stones. What did that machine run you and what's the model#?

Top Bottom