What's new

lkon shavecraft 101

Hello guys,
I have been in traditional shaving for 8 months. I started with wilkinson sword classic then i purchased rimei and the last i got a merkur progress. I like all. But i am not happy with progress looking. I saw ikons. They are too expensive but what good looking razors! Shavecraft 101 costs fair enough for me. But i have some question marks about its shave. Could i be satisfied it?
Some says too mild razor. What are your opinions?
Thank you.

Mine,too...
I am an one razor man. Thats why i purchased progress. I prefered adjustable razor. But i think i need more time with it. We can catch a harmony in time. Everybody says good things about progress.

one reason the shavecraft 101 is inexpensive is that the head is made from aluminum.
the head does not appear to be interchangeable with any of the other ikon razors in the line but that is purely observation from pictures
The handle may work from one razor to another but if you were thinking about getting some top caps or plates to interchange with the shavecraft from the other lines of ikon razors OSS for example It appears that is a NO GO.

I personally was thinking about getting the 101 but decided against it after some research, I decided that IF I get a new modern razor I will likely go with a weber.

The 101 is an excellent razor, shave is similar to the Ikon OSS, though to me it feels milder, while shaving closer. Still my #1 razor.

I really like mine; recently took it on a 17 day vacation as my only razor. I especially like the combo head; open comb on one side and safety bar on the other.

I suspect the 81 "one star" votes "for" Ikon in the survey don't reflect people who own an Ikon, rather votes from folks who have an axe to grind with the owner.

OK, "Caveat Emptor", but really, this is bogus.

I do not have any personal experience with either the IKons or Weber razors, but from their brand star ratings, I would be more inclined to purchase a Weber. They are probably the best value in the stainless steel razors....

Brand star ratings results (only half way through, but already a good number of responses):
http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/Mode...Brand_Manufacturer_Star-Rating_Survey_Results

Cheers,
Shawn

weber is a cheaper razor in price, as well as their quality control. the first razor i got had a smile to the blade, and now the exchanged one i got has a wavy blade. i just gave up and shaved with it...it seems to shave ok, and i would say a rather aggressive shave. it is a nice razor, but i dont think mine will get much use....

I suspect the 81 "one star" votes "for" Ikon in the survey don't reflect people who own an Ikon, rather votes from folks who have an axe to grind with the owner.

OK, "Caveat Emptor", but really, this is bogus.

Even if the 81 responding haven't tried an Ikon razor (which I can not confirm one way or another as to me at least the Brand/Manufacturer Surveys were anonymous ... and I personally did not vote in that poll) ... that's a lot of B&B members with an axe to grind ... which would still mean something to me....

Let's not hijack this specific thread though. This has already been discussed to some degree ... perhaps you could join the thread here?

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...er-Satisfaction-Surveys?p=6667934#post6667934

Thanks,
Shawn

Top Bottom