What's new

Little poll on travelling

What is the go-to

• Goo and fusion(compact)

• Badger&blade(you know...)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hi everyone

I'm packing to go to a festival and don't know wether I should pack the brainless fusion with a can of goo or go with the badger&blade. Mind you: I got a small brush(omega boar), Palmolive or Cella soap, a small can of goo, a DE razor and a Fusion razor. I've been to the festival before and know for a fact I won't have any hot water available...

Please let me know your opinion!

I usually travel with my Dovo Best Quality, my Rupp Stropp, a cheap badger brush and my Irisch Moos shave stick. All relatively low cost items, but they shave very well. I just can't do the goo anymore. I've even stepped away from using DE's now....I can straight shave just as quickly with a better shave. YMMV

I know for a fact that Palmolive works just fine with cold water; cold water shaves in general are good though at home I prefer my lather a bit warmer. Not that it makes the shave better, it is just a little more comfortable.

A stick, a little Omega and one DE with a couple of blades will hardly take up more space than a can with goo and a fusion so what is the point? The only thing that might be a bit uncanny is that you will stand out a little with your odd shaving gear.....

I can't think of any situation or setting in which goo needs to touch your face. I mean, if it is goo or nothing, just let the beard grow.

I agree... I almost never shave when I travel. If I'm traveling for work and they ask, I just tell them my electric razor was removed from my bag.

I have access to hot water when I travel, but I just take a bowl (I use a noodle/cereal bowl as my lather bowl).

Inside the bowl I have neatly packed a tube of Palmolive lather cream (I have the sticks but prefer the cream), my Merkur, an un-opened blade, brush, and if I have no access to a mirror, one of them. Maybe a small bottle of witchhazel or AS depending on needs.

Depending on the type of festival (music, food, shaving???? :p ) It is probably best to keep the blade either in the packet or in the razor. At least keep them together, I know security can be especially harsh at music festivals where prohibited items are cast into a big metal bin (best not to take a straight blade).

A cold water shave can be invigorating. But beyond that I think the traditional approach can as easy to pull off when traveling. The closest experience to carrying a can of goo would be to bring a small tube of brushless shave cream. But you might appreciate bringing a small synthetic brush along with a soap stick or small tube of cream. Either should be less weight and fuss as compared to a heavy can of shaving cream.

For a disposable razor experience you could use one of those "click razors" that are made of plastic so they are cheap and lightweight, but which can be used many times. That and a packet of blades (preferably with plastic case and blade disposal slot) and you are set for travel.
thumb_IMG_4740.jpg

Top Bottom